Hi, I work on a computer like most people now days, but since my eyes are red and watery, I guess I’m too sensitive. I had problems with headaches because of staring at the monitor. When I finish up my work I’m all exhausted. The diagnose is CVS (computer vision syndrome). I’ve never heard anybody else complaining of that. Anyone with CVA?

Hello, friend with troubled eyes. I also have CVS. Too much work in front of computer is really troubling my eyes and head. It’s not a wonder, because I sometimes spend 10 hours at work. The eyes must be focused at the monitor and constantly refocus to keep the image sharp. Eyes get irritated; eye muscles exhausted and eyelids become too heavy. I was recommended to start using artificial tears (Isopto tears, Tears Naturale) to keep my eyes wet. It would be good if you can take breaks from your computer. There are LTC screens with reduced irritating influence on the eyes.

Computer vision syndrome managed by Ayurveda
Are you like millions of people who spend hours working in front of the computer?
You may have computer vision syndrome, a term used to describe eye strain and tiredness, temporary weak vision, dry, irritated eyes, light sensitivity, headaches,and other eyes, vision, and muscular problems that stem from using a computer.
Some simple remedies that you could adopt
: Make sure you take adequate rest breaks. Eye doctors generally recommend flowing the 20/20 rule: every 20 minutes, take a 20 second break. During the breaks, make sure not to do the same kind of work you were doing before; that is, if you were copying information from a report, don't take a break to read a magazine! Look far away if doing near work, and close-up if doing far work. Eye exercises can help to increase your ability to focus, but consult your doctor if you're over 40.
Correct your posture! However, people who wear glasses often sit in an awkward posture to see properly, so make sure that your eyesight isn't causing you to sit poorly. (Also note that uncorrected eye conditions can cause this same type of problem, so make sure to get regular eye exams.)
Close your eyes and splash cool water or triphala decoction (freshly made and cooled)once or twice a day.
Do gaze at the moon at night for a few minutes or sit in mild sunlight while at home.
Do adopt some physical activity outdoors -may be 3-4 times aweek.
Make it a point to get head massage 2-3 times a week.
Calm your mind before and after your work.
You have a variety of herbal therapies and tonics to improve vison and say goodbye to CVS

Im accountant. Ihave had same troubles with headaches and irritated eyes and I could nt do nothing after 8 hours working at computer. My chief has set up one useful eye care software on his computer for notice about regular break. After 30 mins he says "Take a break!" and we do whatever one likes except work at computer. Often we talk with each other or go outside at the break. By the end of the workday I feel I can continue to work.

julia turova wrote:

... After 30 mins he says "Take a break!" ... By the end of the workday I feel I can continue to work.

I a project manager. Eyecare software really works.
When it's time to take a break, it displays a message on your screen.