my boyfriend and i had sex on the first of the month...i was supposed to have my period like 2 days after that and never had it...now its the 7th of the month and still no period...i took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive...took another and it came out with invalid results...could i detect pregnancy this early....and it said it was 99% acurate! :$

Did you have sex any other time than the first of the month? If you did get pregnant on the first it would be unusual to get a positive result so early. I can only suggest that you take another test to confirm the positive or go to the doctor for a blood test.

You have a good point I was wondering the same thing. My LMP was 07/12 I had intercourse 7/26 and 7/28. I was ovulating at that time. I think I'm 3 weeks, I've had symptoms like twinge in my lower abdomen and back pains and stomach pains. Frequent urination, does that mean I may be pregnant?

djohnson1203: It is possible that you are pregnant, you need to wait until closer to when your period is due and take a test.

I am having a similar problem. I went to the doctors and she gave me a preg test a urin sample and it said neg. but i did the test on oct 13 and 0ct 6 was my ovulation could it have been to early?

im terrified because i did it for the first time on 1/19,when i was ovulatin,n of course we didnt use protection to make it easier on me.but now im scared that i might b pregnant n rushed out the very next day for some plan b pills.how soon can i noe if i am pregnant,because it could b my imagination but i have weird symptoms n my stomach hurts alot?

You could be pregnant. I found out early by going to the doctor and getting a blood test. I am pregnant now and I found out by the blood test. I was only like 2 weeks pregnant!

the first day of my LMP was 3/8, my boyfriend and i had unprotected intercourse on 3/8, 3/15, and 4/10. i took a home pregnancy test 4/12 and it was neg. but could i still be pregnant. i still haven't seen my MP and i feel blotted and gassy

ok the first day of my last mp was march 25th and i havent had a period yet ;-) but i took a pregnancy test it was negative i think i took it to early but i retested to day at the doctors office (urine test) and it was negative...i been feeling nausea and almost vomiting i was feeling a little tingle at one point of time my breast was sore for a couple of days i cry over little things im irritated by any thing i feel a beeping in my uterus if i press down a little and listen really hard and me and my fiance have been having unprotected sex for a year now my cycle is 25 to 28 days and my period last 5 days and i feel tired all the time and i used to pee alot but for this week that kind of slowed down some times smells get to me a week ago i had cervical mucus i calculated that if im pregnant the i would be 6 weeks....o 4weeks ago i was feeling bloated so i took a diet pill and it made feel really sick...can some on help me

Hello I just read ur post and i was wondering how eairly u went to get a blood test coz im having a blood test tuesday and im not sure wether im goin abit too soon, Please help me i dont want to embarrass myself thank u Kate x

happy.mum wrote:

Guest wrote:

Hi, I was also wondering how soon is too soon to take a blood test? I have a 11 month old and was supposed to go on birth control after my next period. However, my period is now 5 days late. I breast feed and didnt start getting periods after the birth of my daughter until 4 months ago when i attempted to wein her. Every month since then I have gotten my period regularly on the 16th except for this past month. Also experiencing many of the same sensations that I had during my first pregnancy ie- nausea, heart burn, flu-like, moody, extremely tired, constipation, gassy, swollen breasts, bloated belly, mild cramping- so on and so on. Therefore, my husband and I are convinced that I am indeed pregnant:) I have taken 4 of the dollar tree pt's the first was 3:30am 1st day after missed period and had a slight second line. Took the second later in day to verify and was neg. The next couple days I have taken in early morning again thinking it made a difference- all neg. I am so confused. With last child, however I also knew I was prego and did not show up until I was 6 weeks along. Here's the catcher- knewly married with no insurance other than medicade's well woman's healthcare. Called health clinic and they do not normaly offer blood testing but would make an exception for a certain fee and money is very tight with my husband going to school full time working part time and I stay home w our daughter since i breastfeed and it is cheaper than daycare/ childcare. Therefore, if i opt to do blood testing I would want it to be within range to where we wouldn't be waisting money to do it all over again later.
The reason we need to know so soon is b/c everyone knows that I am awaiting to start my bc on 1st sunday of next period and since living w/ husbands parents while going to school we have periods close together. She and everyone keeps asking if I have started because i should have by know. And if i am pregnant i would just like to be able to verify w/ clinic and see if I am eligible to re-enroll on medicade so we are at least able to give this child a decent start. I would like to tell our family that i am pregnant but i have insurance and a plan and everything is under control. By the time the child would be born, my husband will have acquired his associates degree in his field and be working full time and I know that we would better be able to support him/ her I am just nervous of how to provide prenatal care. That is why even though we strongly wanted another child at this time, we were going to go on b/c until we were financialy stable enough and on our on. PLEASE HELP!
(sorry so long winded- feels good to write everything down and fianally have off of my chest!)

[b]Hi, I was also wondering how soon is too soon to take a blood test? I have a 11 month old and was supposed to go on birth control after my next period. However, my period is now 5 days late. I breast feed and didnt start getting periods after the birth of my daughter until 4 months ago when i attempted to wein her. Every month since then I have gotten my period regularly on the 16th except for this past month. Also experiencing many of the same sensations that I had during my first pregnancy ie- nausea, heart burn, flu-like, moody, extremely tired, constipation, gassy, swollen breasts, bloated belly, mild cramping- so on and so on. Therefore, my husband and I are [/b]convinced that I am indeed pregnant:) I have taken 4 of the dollar tree pt's the first was 3:30am 1st day after missed period and had a slight second line. Took the second later in day to verify and was neg. The next couple days I have taken in early morning again thinking it made a difference- all neg. I am so confused. With last child, however I also knew I was prego and did not show up until I was 6 weeks along. Here's the catcher- knewly married with no insurance other than medicade's well woman's healthcare. Called health clinic and they do not normaly offer blood testing but would make an exception for a certain fee and money is very tight with my husband going to school full time working part time and I stay home w our daughter since i breastfeed and it is cheaper than daycare/ childcare. Therefore, if i opt to do blood testing I would want it to be within range to where we wouldn't be waisting money to do it all over again later.

Ok so I was supposed to start my MP around last week, I had all the symptoms bloating, cramps, irritability. But then I had intercourse unprotected, he pulled out but that doesn't always work. But needless to say I had sex then my MP never came. All my symptoms went away and now a week later still no MP. I am tired all the time but I don't sleep much normally and other than that I have no other pregnancy symptoms but where is my MP. Could I be pregnant or is it just a case of shy period?

Okay, so my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on several occasions. He doesnt like wrapping and he is a freak...lol XD . Anyway, he pulls out when hes ready to bust, Okay so what im confused about is wouldnt he pre nut as well? Cant pre nut get me pregnant too? I have noticed that my appetite has increased greatly, i mean, i can eat for 3 sometimes. I have been craving raw chocolate chip cookie dough like a mad woman and the scary part is that i woke up at midnight and wanted it, then i procceded to leave my college dorm at that crazy hour to go to the 24 hour convience store and get it. After i am done with my cookie dough, i then want chinese !!! Whats wrong with me?!!!???!? :'( Not only that but im so sleepy throughout the day, like i fall asleep in class, which is somthing i never do! I feel dizzy too. HELLLLPPPPPPP MEEEE!!!!!!

Hi I would like to think I am just panicing but. I have had the implant since after my daughter and it recently expired. however I did not realise this when I had unprotected sex with my partner. The last time we had sex was 9th aug and my last period started on 23 july (3 weeks late and implant still active) lateness is perfectly normal whilst using the implant. I got a letter from my Dr monday saying my implant needed changing I rang and was suprise to find it had expired 2weeks ago :-S so I'm pretty sure any sex from then on could lead in pregnany. I was at work yesterday (work in a hospital) and was having trouble peeing. One of the nurses tested my urine for pregnancy and infection. I have an urine infection and my pregnancy test should boarderline HCG levels. now the only opportunity for me to concieve was the 9th aug. I am thinking it is way to early for me to have boarderline HCG?? but these tests are very accurate and it suggested testing a fresh sample in 48-72 hours.

I would just like to say I fell pregnant with my lil girl whilst on the pill and I had 3 neg tests before a positive and I was 15 weeks pregnant at the time of my first scan which was 2 weks after I had the positive test.