I hope some one can help. Have a DR. appointment the Oct 22. My husband had a vasectomy 16 years ago a month before our youngest was born. My cycle has always been regular since age 10 lasting 5-7 days. I had a shorter and lighter than usual period in august lasted 3 days.Also some bleeding in Sept again not a normal period lasted 2 days tops. Been sick to my stomach, light headed, lower back pain , abominal cramps (mild) off and on, extremely tired and I am a very active person, gained around 15 pounds but barely eating for being sick.I have had 3 children and still know what it feels like when I was pregnant. I was getting suspicious I may be pregnant. So Hubby had a sample tested turns out he has live sperm, although the count was not high but healthy little swimmers. I have taken numerous HPT and all came up negative. Earliest I could get into my OB/GYN is the above date. My next period is due Oct 12th so I will wait and see if it arives . I have ruled out early onset menopause I am 39. If any one else has had a similar experience I would appreicate any input. This is driving me crazy although I try not to think about it.

You may indeed have early onset of menopause. Menopause starts hitting many women about the age of 40. Symptoms of what you're describing hit and then about a couple years later, menopause begins. Though you're young, it can happen at your age. Also, since you have been having your period, you're most likely not pregnant. The chances of it being cancer is pretty low since it rarely manifests itself in pregnancy symptoms, although it could be a cyst. Ovarian cysts are almost always benign and often go away on their own. Wait until you see your OB/GYN, but in my opinion, you're probably physically just fine.

A little history I should of added but didn't think about it until I read the response. With all 3 prior pregnancies I had what I thought were periods for the first 2 months. The same holds true for most of the woman on my moms side of the family. With my first pregnancy I didn't find out until I was almost 4 months pregnant. Not sure if this helps. The reason I don't believe it early memopause is because I talked with a family friend who is a RN (40 years and counting) she said it was most likely not but it can happen. Granted she is not a DR. but has years of experience in the medical field. She also mentioned Ovarian cyst.

There are so many things that it could be that I suppose the only thing to do is to wait until you see your OB/GYN. Sorry I couldn't be of additional help. %-)

Just an udate. Sorry it took so long to get back here. I was in fact pregnant which ended in a misscarriage about 1 week before my Dr appointment. I ended up in the ER with extreme cramping and bleeding they did a D&C. So.. its not the end of the world although it was a shock, it would of been nice to have number 4. The Dr. said things look good, no cyst or anything unusual. If it is ment to be maybe we will someday welcome number 4 God willing. Also hubby's sperm count is on the rise and Doc asked if he wanted to have his vasectomy redone. He took a pass he said once was enough and would let nature take its course.

Thanks for your help