when can a person become diabetic?

Health Advisor
There are three types of diabetes, type 1,2 and 3.
Type 1, characterized by inability to produce insulin is usually formed in childhood or teenage years. Only 10% of all diabetes patients suffer from this type.
The most common type is type two and it is often caused by obesity and lack of exercise. In this type of diabetes, there is an insulin resistance and hyperglycemia ie high blood sugar levels. This type of diabetes may occur anytime and it is incurable but it can be preventing by keeping your weight to normal and regularly exercising.
Type 3 aka gestational diabetes is rare and it appears during pregnancy. It is characterized by body’s inability to use insulin just like in the type 2. this problem may lead to increased baby weight, jaundice and baby’s low blood sugars. Women who have developed type 3 diabetes are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes up to 10 years after the labor.

i have diabetes &

Be sure you take the medicaion the dr prescribes for your diabetes, whethers its insulin thrfouvh a shot or a pill. If your blood sugar gets too high for a moderate to long period of time you could develop Diabetic Nueropathy (which os Nerve damage due to high blood sugars). I have it and have lost feeling in my feet. The other day I wore flip flops and it rubbed a spot on my big toe that turned into a sore. I never felt it