Hello, folks. I have been using brown sugar for sweetening my food. My friend recommends me to take fruit sweetener instead of this sugar. I would like to know if this is a better option. What do you think about this? I would appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Brown sugar is the same as white sugar. People often have the wrong impression that it is healthier than white one. It is not true. It represents white one with molasses. Some nutrients have no calories. This can be really important for some people like diabetics. I don’t know what kind of fruit sweetener your friend had in mind. I guess it can be better for use. Good luck! Bye!

Hi, there. I would agree with the previous post. Brown sugar is not something that is healthy. People think wrongly about this. There are different types of sweeteners. I don’t know what kind of fruit sweetener is recommended to you. You can consult a nutritionist if you are interested in that. I hope you will find some answer. Good luck with all! Bye!

you friend is right. Sugar adds calories which if you eat more than you need, you will gain weight and cause insulin resistance that increases your risk of getting heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure or even some types of cancer. High doses of sugar and artificial also increase the urinary excretion of calcium, leading to weaker bones. Replace some of the above with raw honey or molasses.