Hello, my friends. I have recently heard my friends talking about type 2 of diabetes mellitus. It occurred to me that there had to be several types of diabetes, but I am not sure how many types there are. If someone knows this, I will ask him/her to answer me that. Thank you in advance.

Hello to you too. There are several types of diabetes mellitus, but I think the most important ones are type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes. Type 1 is more autoimmune disease. It means that immune system has turned against the cells of its own organism. As a result, pancreas cells that produce insulin are destroyed and there is a lack of insulin. Type 2 diabetes has a normal level of insulin production. However, this insulin cannot have an impact on target receptors. Gestational diabetes appears in pregnancy. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!