Few days ago we started a discussion. A colleague of mine was reading an article in newspaper. It was about diabetes. While reading it loudly he started to give comments on text. Some of them I forgot, but some was very interesting, so we discussed it later. The whole story when he read that there are two types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2. None of us in the office was familiar with the subject so we finally agreed to find more information about it. Can someone tell/write me a difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?

Diabetes mellitus comprises a group of common metabolic disorders that share the some main symptom – low/lower level of glucose. This disease is divided in two types based on pathogenesis of disease. Pathogenesis is mechanism by which some disease or condition arises. In diabetes it means that in type 1 a person do not have cells that product insulin any more (cell were destruct), in type 2 there is a production of insulin (still have some insulin production cells) but insulin resistance is variable and glucose production is increased.

At the beginning of the year, I got Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Like you, I knew nothing about it. During my stay at hospital, many nurses/doctors came and explained to me what Diabetes is;

Type 1

When you have Type 1 diabetes, you need insulin injections. The cause of this is nobody's fault, not diet or lifestyle. Your body is not making enough insulin that removes the sugar and stores it in your body. If you don't have enough insuling in your body, you will begin to feel tired as your sugar isnt being stored. You will also feel hungry becuase there is no sugar. You will also need the toilet alot, and thirst is a big issue in Type 1. This disability is more likely to happen to young children than full adults. I caught this in my teen years. This cannot be cured and is a lifetime disability.

Type 2

Type 2 is very different to Type 1. Lifestyle and Diet Choice can be the cause of Type 2 and this can be caught at any age. This can be cured through tablets, or loosing weight. This might go away, depending on your life choices.

:-D