Hi, guys. My father has been diagnosed with diabetes. His doctor thinks that he can still regulate his blood sugar with diet and that he still doesn’t need medications. Are there any herbs that he could consume for diabetes? I would really appreciate if you could tell me something more about this.

Hello. There are many herbs that have positive effect on diabetes. They help more or less with blood sugar regulation. Ginseng is traditionally used in Asia for treating diabetes. It helps in releasing insulin from pancreas and in increasing the number of insulin receptors. It also lowers the levels of blood sugar. Gingko also has similar effect. You can also try with cinnamon, barberry, bilberry and others. There are combinations as well. Consult your father’s endocrinologist before taking any of these herbs.