My foster daughter has got schizophrenic affective disorder, and this is part of the reason why she was removed from her home. It has been a rough ride for all of us, for her bio parents and for her. I am still struggling to get her the right treatment. She suffers from extreme psychomotor retardation, and I am hoping for some advice on the matter.

I think it is wonderful you are going out of your way to make sure your foster daughter is getting the right treatment. I am not sure how many foster parents would do that. I am not sure there is anything additional you can do about this though, I think this is just a part of the diagnosis.

Hallo,
Sschizoaffective disorder is a mental disorder where mood problems and loss of reality are connected. I don’t think that doctors know the real cause of this disorder but they suspect that some changes in genes might trig this condition. You have to understand that treatments in her condition can vary from case to case. Usually medication that is used is antipsychotic medication to treat the psychotic symptoms. But use of antidepressants is also preliminary to treat the mood problems. There is also use of mood stabilizers as well for mood issues. I think that talk therapy is very helpful and that you should try to reach to her this way. I hope this helped a bit.