Hello. About a year ago, I began to notice first symptoms of something that doctors later called bipolar illness. I started to feel like teenager again with increased energy, activity, and restlessness. I don’t know how to explain this but resting or staying home with my family was last thing on my mind. Although I was in good mood all the time I suffered from extreme irritability and had couple of fights with my wife. She asked me- what is going on with our marriage? But I denied that anything is wrong all the time. All this lasted about a year and then she told me that she’s moving and taking our daughter with her. My life is ruined now and I'm very depressed. I contacted my psychiatrist and he told that these symptoms lead to one disease called bipolar disorder. Any suggestion about this?

I believe everything you said because this disease can really ruin people lives. You see, it is called bipolar, or manic-depression disorder because it’s made of two phases-manic episode and depression episode. Bipolar disorder is in did a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in a person's mood, energy, and ability to function. Some people with bipolar disorder become even suicidal.
I don’t know anything more about this disease but I know that it can be treated. You see, medications known as "mood stabilizers" usually are prescribed to help control bipolar disorder. Beside this medication you should also subscribe on some psychotherapy treatment because it can help. Talk with your wife, explain her everything and tell her about family therapies that also can help and bring back your family again.

my wife recently went to rehab for herion. since her stay she wants a divorce and the kids. she is staying at her cousins house with a guy she met at rehab. she is bipolar and so is he. she went from living with her kids to hardly seeing them. I have custody of the children. i am just lost?