I need to know what could be the cause or reason whatever a young boy threatening friends to hurt them. All this actually is happening in front of my doors and this young boy is actually my neighbor's son and what I know for sure is that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder about 2 years ago- I think he is actually manic depression diagnosed –and all this years he was quite normal after he was diagnosed he was treated in hospital for about a month and than was released with meds and drugs prescribed daily but lately I think he had become so furious behaving practically like being totally out of a mind and threatening friends to hurt them constantly on those last few days. If you ask me he acts so psychotic and even his outlook has become somewhat psychotic during those last days and I am really concerned about what might happen regarding the fact that this young boy –according to my opinion-is very serious in threatening friends to hurt them. What do you think?

I think you should discuss this with his parents though it is very possible they actually know at what stage his son is –or at least it should be so- but anyway whenever bipolar disorder starts to be manifested in combination with psychotic episodes it is no joke for there are real chances it turns out fatal, for you know people with such diagnose could be dangerous for themselves but also for others especially when it comes to manic depression flair-ups. By the way he is probably taking some antidepressants along with mood stabilizers but when it is about threatening to friends to hurt them or something else like that than in my opinion he is at risk of having those bipolar disorder symptoms combined with psychotic episodes so he would need to take also some antipsychotic drug. But again on the second thought it could easily be that his parents have decided to quit treating him with those manic depression drugs treatment assuming he is doing fine and this is the result or it may be that he is about to have another periodic bipolar disorder flare up and if such is the case he should be hospitalized until gets better.