I need to hear something about auditory hallucinations for that is of what my younger sis already diagnosed with bipolar disorder 9 months ago is suspected of having also. I thought that those hallucinations are common symptom of bipolar disorder but it turns out those are actually distinctive psychotic episodes. I am afraid of leaving her alone whenever she has those mood changes for they usually comes along with those auditory hallucinations –sometimes she speaks so clearly to somebody yelling, whispering or arguing so I would like to hear how are these auditory hallucinations being treated. Thanks much!

You should talk this over with her psychotherapist for it is more likely she is suffering from the sort of a combination of bipolar disorder accompanied with psychotic symptoms and one of its common forms is auditory hallucinations and you are right not leaving her alone whenever it comes to these mood changes for you now those psychotic seizures may result fatal. Anyway I suppose she is now on some antidepressants and mood stabilizers so it won’t be wrong if you let her have some more psycho exams for I am sure according to those auditory hallucinations she could also easily be prescribed some antipsychotic drugs such as Haldol or Clozaril – I know those meds are usually being prescribed in auditory hallucinations conditions and if she keeps having
Those auditory hallucination than some psychosocial therapy could help.