Could you tell me something more about psychotic obsessive compulsive disorder for that is how my 23 years old daughter has been diagnosed recently? She is now on some psychotherapy combined with meds but to me it doesn't look like are helping. She is anxious most of the time preferring being alone closed in her room, she just avoid any contact with other people and she avoids any social activity in fact and plus this is all combined with some severe psychotic reactions. Do you think she could be dealing with this effectively with this therapy and meds she is taking? Thanks!

I don't think that psychotic obsessive compulsive disorder prognosis is that good in other words it is more likely this condition is of somewhat prolonged character. I have the same problem with my son for he is also diagnosed with psychotic obsessive compulsive disorder and he is constantly on some antidepressants and antipsychotic meds therapy and though he is still always somewhat anxious and extremely retired at least psychotic reactions are decreased. He was even hospitalized once for a month and was on some psychotherapy combined with behavioral therapy where the attention is focused on learning some skills and new behaviors. Also the good treatment opt is having cognitive therapy where the patient learns how to accept social life and the family support is essential here. It takes time but I am positive that those psychotic obsessive compulsive disorder therapies when combined are good way of improving the patient's condition in the long run.

I also have psychotic ocd and I can relate to staying in my room and wanting to be alone for most of the time and to just focus on my obsessions. I am in torment everyday. I just rely on my faith and my supportive family and therapists and talking and discussing is very helpful. A lot of medications I have tried don't help me but I am not giving up. there are lots out there. also plenty of therapy. don't quit.

I used to be an obsessive psychotic for years. For a long time I shut myself away from society and focused only on my obsessions until they nearly destroyed my life. I was finally able to get better after staying inpatient at a mental hospital for awhile and taking new medication. The most important thing to know is that there are others that know how it feels, and that it does not need to control your life. Also, I was told it is completely treatable through medication, so a big factor in fixing it is to see what works for you.