hi there,

occasionally throughout the day I feel this quick pulsing feeling above my left ear (it is not painful in any way) and it feels as if blood is being pumped very quickly above the ear. When I put my fingers on the spot I can actually feel the pulsing feeling beating fast. This lasts at most for 3 seconds and disappears completely afterwards...

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks :-)

hi there,
i have been experienceing the same thing pulsating just above both the ears, and i also get throbbibng beating sounds in my ears, this is doing my head in. its not painfull, but very disturbing.
can any1 help please

i have the same issue but i can hear it all the time when there is quite. At night, i am awakened by the sound of a "heartbeat" behind my left ear. i also get a pain above my occipital protuberance.

if you have found out anything, your direction would be appreciated 8)

I have a similar problem. Did any of you discover what it was? %-)

I too have the same problem, well its not really a problem.. its just odd.
Does anyone know what it is?

It seems that alot of us havethis problem. has anyone figured it out yet??

I'm having the same problem as the first poster. ANY help would be greatly appreciated

I have had this for 4 months. I have had test after test and still nothing has helped. I am just not sure what to do anymore. %-)

I have also had this for the past 6 weeks or so. It is driving me mad. Also get a feeling like pressure/tension in my head and in jaw bones. I also have neck pain and jaw clicking and popping in ears. Do you grind your teeth at night? I have googled my symptoms and it sounds like TMJ. Maybe try googling TMJ also, and see if this is helpful as for this condition there are many diverse symptoms.

sometimes it can be an inner ear problem ad have a ENT check it out if you have't.

I too am having the pulsing above my right ear..It doesn't hurt but at times throughout the day I can feel the pulsing like blood is passing through really quickly. This is bothering me but I can't figure out what is wrong? Anyone have any ideas?

ive got that atm its really annoying!!!! :'(

lol it sounds like we all have the same problems....I had a ct scan and a MRI a year ago . I recently went for a cariotid ultrasound dont have the results yet...but is driving me crazy.....I am starting to think that might be anxiety related... Good luck everybody and try to relax and enjoy life a little more.

this just started for me a couple of days ago and its driving me nuts! srry i cant help :(

I have the same problem but only in the evenings, especially after I've had chocolate. Recently it's been accompanied by an 'ache' on the top left side of my head. Have had my ears checked for wax--negative. I also have mild epilepsy totally controlled with medication.
But what is it and what causes it? No-one seems to know!