So I am in school full-time and i have no insurance. I am buying insurance through my school next week so I can finally see a doctor. I've looked through the forums, but can't find a set of facts that correctly parallel my symptoms.

This has been happening for about 2 months now, it started right before my finals started. I'm adding that just in case people think its anxiety. Since being done with finals and having stress completely relieved I feel no better. Onto the symptoms. Several times a day I have two distinct feelings, sometimes together and sometimes separate. Usually I have a feeling on top of my head like i left a pair of sunglasses on my head or something. It's not painful, it's just a weird feeling that something is on the top of my head. Also, sometimes I feel like there is ton of pressure in my head. I also get dizziness spells where I feel like I'm going to pass out. They can happen at anytime, even if stressful or non-stressful, waking up, or going to sleep. Sometimes when I am sitting in a chair I kinda twitch and have a feeling like I'm going to fall over or pass out or something and lasts only for a second or two but will recur a lot in the same time period. Sometimes I will feel like my breathing has really slowed down or have trouble breathing, but not in a way that I am wheezing or anything. I get a fast heart rate, sometimes I hear a cracking noise in my ear when I swallow.

In the last two months I have changed all my habits. I'm 26, 5'7" 170 lbs. For the last two months I have been eating really healthy, drinking tons of water, exercising, no soft drinks etc. I also get a really fast heart rate sometimes. I had thought it was high blood pressure. There was a while that my blood pressure was really high. I got it tested with the nurse at my work and it had averaged around a 139/98 and 146/100 range for a while, but lately I haven't had high blood pressure much at all when i get the symptoms. I have a blood glucose meter and my readings seem very average. It's really starting to infringe on my life and school. I'm in law school and summer classes are 3 hours long. I have problems sitting all the way through. I'll get the feeling of head pressure, and thoughts of me passing out which gives me bad anxiety. I usually sit in class with my arm across the table holding onto the edge because it makes me feel stable.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

lol anyone? please?

I read your list of symptons. It sounds horrible.

I suffer from dizzy spells, lightheadedness, and feeling really sick a lot. Just laid out doing some work at the moment and suddenly everything went weird, and then I felt all my blood pulsating through my body. I thought to myself if I'd been stood up when that happened, I'd have fainted. I'm meant to be going out tonight, my general feeling of being unwell usually means I flake out on my friends, and I know they are getting really fed up with at the moment. I guess you can say that my symptons are stress related.

It does sound to me like alot of your symptons are anxiety related. I know you say you don't feel stressed at the moment, but sometimes it can take months for your body to correct itself if it's been suffering from a prolonged period of stress. Infact it's often when the stress is over that we can feel worse.

I still would recommed that you go and see your doctor.

I realize that this was posted a long time ago so I may not get a reply, but have you been diagnosed or have your symptoms gone away? I have very similar symptoms which have been going on for about 10 months at this point. What, if anything, have you done to try and rid yourself of these symptoms and what has worked?

Hi, I'm also going through the same symptoms and I'm lost to as what it is, please let me know if you have learned anything about what you have.

Thanks

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problems!!

I know exactly how you feel. I have been dealing with this problem overa year. It comes and goes. i can go for a month or so and feel great and then it starts again. I have been to the Dr. and they say nothing is wrong with me. I can be sitting at work and feel like I am going to pass out and then my heart starts racing and my chest starts hurting. sometimes I think I am having a heart attack. I am 53 years old and had a hysterictormy  a year ago but was having this problem before that. I even had my husband take me to the hospital one night because I did not have any energy at all. I do have high blood pressure and take medicine for it. Please let me know what you find out.

Of course this is post is about three years old, but the original post explained symptoms of potential 'hypotension', or low-blood pressure, although the poster states that the BP is average 140/100. There seems to be 'postural hypotension' which can pose symptoms of giddiness, faintness, irregular heartbeat, malaise in general. It is difficult to say what is the underlying cause, because each individual is not the same (of course), but what the poster describes sounds like typical stress: school, long hours, lack of sleep, etc. For a lot of Americans in this situation, dehydration is a primary underlying cause (of many diseases).

The modern American diet includes a ton of soft drinks, coffee, dark-leaf teas, caffeine, denatured juices and other denatured/artificial foods, which subject the body to insufficient nutrition that leads to a wide range of diseases (underlying causes). PH balance is compromised and then numerous processes begin to take effect. A person experiencing this should visit a doctor of some sort and have a complete blood work-up and check-up. There could possibly be over/under-active hormones or arrythmias, for example.

My suggestion in meantime is to get plenty of rest, hydration and rehydration with purified or alkaline water, fresh air and deep breathing. Keep the nasal passages and throat clean by gargling/snuffing sea-salt water (sea salt kills bacteria). I would also say to use a little H2O2 (hydrogen pyroxide) in the ears with a good Q-tip. Lay on your side and semi-soak a Q-tip with the H202; gently apply this to the OUTER EAR (DO NOT PUSH Q-TIPS IN THE INNER EAR!) and let the Pyroxide find its way into the ear canal. This will help to kill bacteria as well.  Also, take a tonic herbal teas (prepared properly: steeped/stored w/non-aluminum or plastic vessels) such as Red Clover, Red Raspberry Leaf and/or Basil. This teas have no long-term side-effects and can be taken with conventional medications, if this is the case. Best of Health!

*THIS REPLY IN NO WAY OR FORM SHOULD BE USED AS PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVISE OR DIAGNOSIS! PLEASE CONSULT WITH A QUALIFIED MEDICAL PRACTIONER.

It sounds like you are dealing with panic attacks, I have been dealing with them for over 30 years now. You feel funny in the head, your heart is racing, your hands are sweaty, you feel like you are losing it. Panic attacks also can make you feel like you are about to pass out. I would still check with my doctor but it sounds like panic attacks. Some believe panic attacks comes from stress, or sometimes you can be sick with a cold or sinuses, doctors still can not figure where panic attacks is coming from. Doing research I learned that panic attacks can come on from surgery, death of a family or friend, or like I said a lot of stress. Hope I was helpful :)

I have the exact symptoms to a tee! The sunglasses Ontop of the head feeling, dizziness, heavy head, feeling of disconnectedness, panic attacks been going on for atleast 5 months now .. Went to a cardiologist everything was fine, went to the hospital multiple times with no help from any of the drs there they all just think your insane, went to the ENT(ear nose throat) dr and was told everything was perfect .. My next steps are to go to a dr to check my inner ear and balance and a neurologist and if everything's good I'm just gonna have to say it's been anxiety all along although I never thought it was just solely that but hopefully I get some answers because living like this has been hell it's hard just to get through the day at this point.

I get this a lot- you described it perfectly with the sunglasses on head and alllll the rest- it's extra bad right now, I've suffered with panick and anxiety but these episodes are different. i fall to the side just literally all you wrote. I have very low bp- I wonder if it is that?

I have had these exact symptoms for the last 6 months! I feel like its is slowly..very slowly.. getting better. If the OP or anyone is still alive, id like to hear if any accurate diagnoses have been made. I went to the doctor after the second week and I had a clean bill of health other than my BP which was slightly elevated (probably cause i was nervous they were gonna diagnose me with a brain tumor or something.) Anyways, any feedback would be appreciated.

im having the exact same problem right now. what uhaving now isnt anxiety at all but anxiety can worsen the symptoms. sometimes medicine wont seem to be helping. get some rest and there can be many causes to this some at different times. u could also just be dehydrated

It's called Vasovagal syncope. Look it up. Normally it's relatively harmless but can be symptomatic of some serious conditions. Best to see a Dr and talk about the symptoms.

Im a 15 year old girl and I get the same thing in class. I feel like im gonna pass out and I dont want to sit there for the whole class. My heart starts beating fast and it feels like its working harder to beat. It really sucksss, it feels like it happens more when the teacher is talking for a long period of time but its really weird. I always get anxious thinking im gonna pass out in the middle of class which makes it worse so I try not to think about it.