For the past week I've been having a weird feeling in my head. I don't know how to explain it. It's not painful it's just odd, something is not right.

I also feel a small popping in my head. Sometimes I feel it every few minutes and sometimes I feel it every few hours.

I also am finding it difficult to concentrate on things and I'm sleeping a lot more than usual.

I'm 18 and I don't drink or do drugs and I'm not on any medications.

Anyone know what's going on?

I have had popping in my head close to my ears for two years now and have not been to the doctor...but have been paying attention and think that I have developed a bad habit of tensing my facial muscle and making the popping noise react to it. I developed anxiety two years ago as well and am a teeth clincher in my sleep. When I try to stay relaxed and not tense my face muscles - there is no popping. When I am aware of keeping my face relaxed I can go hours without the popping...hopefully I will eventually be able to keep my facial muscles relaxed permanently.

Another perspective

I had the same feeling this past weekend. Just sitting down on the couch watching TV and felt a pop feeling in my head. I thought I was having a stroke, but didn't have any other symptoms, although today, my head feels a little heavy and kinda tired, but maybe from all the worrying I do. Freaked me out so just wondering if anyone else experiences this? I take medication for blood pressure, but I took it right after it happened and it was normal and take fish oil for high triglcerides. I'm 33 years old, male, excerise regularly, not overweight and no alcohol or drugs.

I was recently at work when I felt 3 continuous popping sensations by my right temple. I think there was also some twitching noted there as well. After the popping sensation I had a warm feeling spread out from the area where the popping originated and then it quickly went away. It really freaked me out and I thought I may have just blown a blood vessel or something, but I had no other symptoms,,,particularly no headache. I have been under a lot of stress lately and when that popping sensation happened, I was in a hurry trying to get things done so the stress level was heightened. I have also experienced a twitching sensation to this region before as well as to the right side of my head, above my ear. I think this is all related to stress and anxiety but I am not sure. Any ideas?

I have a popping sensation in the back of my head. It doesn't hurt but feels uncomfortable and warm when it happens.

I am told it is due to having bad posture. I hunch my shoulders forward a lot. This causes my neck te become tense (even though I don't notice it). The popping is nitrogen bubbles up where the muscles connect in the head. After having so many doctors not knowing what was wrong with me it was nice to figure it out (one of the ones I eventually saw use to have the same problem). She told me to strech my neck and build up my upper back muscles.

I was laying in bed, about an hour ago, trying to take a nap, and I felt a pop by my left temple. It freaked me out, right away, and caused me to jump out of bed. It triggered a panic attack, because I thought I was having a stroke. I feel sort of weak, right now. I hope it goes away.

Since I was in the fourth grade (I am now 17) I have had a popping and warm sensation in my temporal lobe. It sometimes happens when I turn my head or laugh, but sometimes it happens for no apparent reason. I was sent to a neurologist a couple of years ago for extensive test. After the test the doctors could not find anything wrong with me. Sometimes it happens once a day, twice a day, or even once a week , it doesn't have a set rythym. Does anyone know what's going on?

I had surgery for a meningioma four years ago and they implanted a titanium plate in my head. For the last 2 months I have had popping and crinkling sounds in the back part of my head. I don't have any pain and no other symptoms. I called the hospital and they weren't concerned, but said if I was worried to see my local neurologist. I'm waiting for a call now.

Whenever i jump up and down i hear a popping noise in my head! does anyone know what it could be?

I get popping in my head whenever I turn my head, sometimes it's when I turn to the extreme right.. today it's when I turn my head left. No pain, just a very vague/mild sensation of irritation inside that region of my head. I also sometimes feel and hear the same sort of popping when I run or jump, in that same location - approximately where my neck connects to my brain I guess.

It looks like there are many experiencing different variations of this with different symptom, without any obvious answer.
I'm 18 and have mild scoliosis, which has recently began to really affect my neck and the symmetry of my shoulders and posture, I am guessing it is related. As mentioned in a few other posts here, I often experience dizzyness/lightheadedness and shortness of breath, not to mention excessive drowsiness.. I am scheduled for an appointment for my back/neck, hopefully I will find out what the deal is with the snap/crackle/pop thing in my head. Am terrified of being diagnosed with brain tumor or aneurism, hopefully it really is just a muscular issue.

I was at gymnastics practice and tumbling. I felt like a pop on my right side between the middle of my head and my ear. It was kind of painful and was followed by numbness and tingling where it popped. It also got really warm and continued to hurt for a little while. Does anyone know whats wrong? If you know please email me at ***Email address not allowed on this board.***
I am 15 and a female. Very active too.

I'm 13 years old, and randomly while watching a movie, my neck started to pop continuosly. It's been 4 days now, and it hasn't stopped. I've tried taking some medicines, and sleeping in different positions. I have mild sculiosis. Does anyone know how to cure this, and should I see a chiropractor?

My symptoms:

Three times now - On getting an erection , or at point of orgasm, it has felt like something has gone pop at the top of my head and blood has run down the inside top of my head. An instant headache starts and it is quite a bad one. I end up with a coppery taste in my mouth, similar to when I get a migraine.

Possible causes:

An amount of stress through a number of home / work issues.
Sleep deprivation (My wife snores and I have REAL trouble getting away from it).
Prone to migraines every couple of months or so anyway.

I saw my doctor earlier this week and she took my blood pressure, prescribed Migralieves (which I use anyway) and told me to get my eyes tested. Nothing like being ignored, is there?

I found this topic via Google and will be watching it closely!!!

***We've received a complaint about the graphic nature of this posting. As we really can't control the age of the people that surf this site, we've chosen not to edit the posting. However, There do seem to be more teens viewing this thread, and so we ask that respondents keep that in mind. -Moderator***

I agree that my first concern would be your blood pressure.

The situations that you describe when you feel this in your head all seem to deal with elevated blood pressure. That would be my first port of call if I were your doctor.
However, you don't share what BP readings your doctor got in the office, so there's not much more to say right now.

Certainly, this doesn't seem right, and I would be very concerned.
Concerned enough to go find another second opinion right away.

Good luck.

When you say your neck started to pop continuously... are you describing a sound or sensation in your ear? My initial thought was that you might have a clouged or inflamed eustatian tube, that connects the ear cannel to the throat. Sometimes this can cause the ear drum to seem to "pop" with almost every breath. It can be annoying.

Given this time of year and seasonal allergies, I might suspect that.

Does anyone else have any ideas?