This post is an extension of the

Pressure on top of head, dizziness, slight nausea thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

Im relieved that there are others who are feeling the same symptoms as myself.

Two weeks ago I awoke from a dream where I had been cracked on the top of my head... when I awoke I had a pressure on the left side of my head. I couldnt fall back to sleep because it was so consistent and irritating.
The next day I still had the pressure and once again I didnt sleep all night.
I went to the doctor because I started feeling dizzy as well, and thought I may be anemic. I had blood tests done for vitamin deficiancy and anemia etc... they found nothing.
The pressure kept up as did the dizziness. I went to a # of doctors none of which could give me a satisfying answer.

Ive had a CT scan done and it showed nothing... The last doctor Ive been too suggested it may be a virus. I get SO dizzy at times, and Im feeling terrible. I dont feel its getting any better... and I dont know what else to do...

I just want to let everyone know that there is an answer to the pressure on the head and behind the eyes that makes you sensitive to light and movement. and dizziness I have it to. Mainly in the spring you need to go to a doctor and have them do head xray for sinuses even if you dont have a runny nose or drainage in the throat I never had any of the common symptoms. just pressure on the head and behind the eyes that made me dizzy and slightly nauseous. it was a sinus infection that need meds. it worked for me hope this helps someone.

I have the exact same symptoms as most users posted here and yesterday was unbearable.
Then I remembered that i forgot to take my allergies medication.
Half an hour later the worst of symptoms were gone. I was still queasy and shaky, but functional (before I had to lie down with a buket for a companion).
Today it's much much better (not 100% okay, but tolerable).

So for me I think it has to do with edemas in my head. They must be pushing on something and antihistamines reduce the swelling enough for the symptoms to diminish greatly.

When it's really bad even antihistamines don't do much, but for day to day relief they're a godsend. Maybe this will help those of you that haven't tried taking them to relieve your symptoms yet.

I hve suffered with all the symptoms shown on these post and plaqued for years with the pressure and off-balance sensation. I have done the test and antibiotics, antihistamines, rubs, creams, potions etc. I have found it never really has eased or settle. When I deeply relax and take time out for myself I find things calm - so maybe it is a lifestyle stress related condition. I can only suggest you take more time for enjoyment and pleasure. When I saw the doctor after 20 years or so of visiting him for the same condition I would come away feeling worse, as all tests showed negative and he'd look at me with those 'here we go again eyes'. It was then I choose to ignore the sensations and feelings and saw a difference in the way I handled the stress. I found the stress brought on the symptoms and then I would start to feel more stress from the symptoms and around and around you go, adding stress to stress and more problems occur. Trust me - take a break and let it all go. Move slowly, talk slowly, eat slowly and you'll see it all calm down.

hi, I also being suffering pressure feeling on head and dizzness for about 3 years. I did many tests and the doctor still don't know what is wrong with me. I feel very frustrated when the doctor says i can't find nothing wrong. Have anyone had any luck yet??

I read all these posts hoping someone can pinpoint something other than BPPV. I have yet to go to my doctor, because where I live, doctors can be scary (in that they misdiagnose more often than not. My symptoms started earlier this year (I am 41). I woke up one night with a feeling of my head spinning, very much like a hangover. I shifted my position and the spinning stopped so I went back to sleep. The next day I felt slight nausea. Since then I am keenly aware of when I feel as if the room is shifting. I felt that in the past but it passed so fast that I never worried for long.

Two nights ago I was awaken by the same feeling of spinning - but not as bad as the first time. I felt slight nausea again that went away by the afternoon. Early this morning the same thing, except now this is a light headed feeling and slight pressure, as if I'm getting the cold but I'm not as my nostrils are clear. This feels like sinus pressure though. I cleaned my ears out with cotton buds and my right ear had two or three dots of clear blood on it. Of course I panicked and will now go see my doctor. I've checked the ear again with no further hints of blood so maybe that was just a pimple or something. Seems the only relief for this BPPV thing is to go see a doctor who is knowledgeable about exercises that dislodges whatever is blocking the calcium stones from settling in it's correct position. :-( so now to find one of those.

I went through these same symptoms once a year for about 5 years until it hit me so bad one year I couldn't walk.
I got scared and had wife take me to ER.

The Doc checked out my ears and determined they needed a good cleaning.
He and a nurse worked on each ear for about a hour shooting a steady stream of water around inner ear. Once he got the hardened wax loose enough, he dug the main piece out with a tiny spoon. This part hurt like a SOB!!

I couldn't believe the size of the hardened clumps of wax. Jokingly, the doc introduced me to my "twins" once he was finished. Honestly, I felt like a new man almost IMMEDIATELY!

I was symptom-free for about 5 years, until a couple days ago when it hit me again.

I've got to get my ears back in for a tune-up.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi all,
I've been living with this condition for around 3 years.
It's been getting worse and now I'm actually scared ot go out on my own in case I do actually fall over!!

All started with a bad bout of Labrythitis.
Since then I feel as though I have a bad head cold (without the runny nose).
I can be walking along the street then suddenly feel as though I am going to pass out. Like a head rush..
I feel sick constantly and also suffer from fatigue.
I'm unable to go into shopping centers/malls due to the lights..

I've had many tests inc. sinus tests,CT scan, even heart monitors! and they have all been negative.
My consutlant (Who specialises in Vertigo) diagnosed me with BPPV...
This is all well and good but as he said himself "there are many grades of veritigo and it is extremely hard to diagnose".
Basically the doctors do not know enough about our condition/s and we have to wait until they can discover more.
They will diagnose us with vertigo or Panic attacks if they cannot understand what we have. After all they have to write something down for their records..

I've changed my diet and given up smoking hoping that would help me to feel normal again..
This is really serious.. Reading all your posts and knowing that we all feel the same desperation.
Sure it's nice to know you're not alone but I really wouldn't wish these symptoms on anyone.
My quality of life is miserable as I'm unable to do the things I enjoy in life. I'm now finding it difficult to get to work.
There must be something we can do?
xx

I feel exactly the same way as you do, but only for a few weeks for most of the symptoms. I have some doctor appointments and tests coming up and will let you know if I get an answer and/or fix. It is odd and kind of scary that so m any people on a number of sites have these same symptoms. apparently this has been going on for at least the past seven years. I wonder if there is anything to this or itt is just because these sites exist and alot of people have always had these problems.

I have slight headache, nausea and dizziness. I had to leave my yoga class for feeling so bad. I have been like this for at least a year a few times a week sometimes I will skip a week out of the month. I have been thinking it is sinuses but my god how long is this going to last. I desperately want to find some natural help and get to the cause instead of the symptom. HELP!

Iv just read ur post and it makes me feel so much better that im not the only one suffering with this. I feel like there is hope now! I took my first spell at 16yrs old and im now 30! Iv had every test too and told its panic, ear imbalance, vertigo yada yada yada but im still waking up with head spinning, taking episodes when driving, or even brishing my teeth! I fall over, i vomit, and im dizzy and nauseous all day every day. I coped just about before but iv now got 2 small children (2yrs and 9mths) and i cant just sit down for an hr to wait for it to pass. Quality of life is miserable. I dont want to leave the house incase it happens. Very scary and hope a cure or even a diagnosis can be found soon x

I've had many of the same symptoms others posted and just noticed that they get worse when I have anything with Equal or aspartame, like sugar free gum and diet soda. So it's likely something I'm eating.

I just came upon this thread.  I too suffer from bouts of dizziness and nausea and imbalance.   My ENT doctor told me that it was first, Miniere's disease, then labryinthitis, then benign positional vertigo.  Oy.  He did prescribe a diuretic which worked to dry up any liquid that was accumulating in my inner ear.  This worked for me and I no longer panic when it happens.  Some attacks would be so bad that I was dry heaving and so dizzy that I could do nothing but lay in the dark, cut off all stimulus like sound and no video (this makes it worse especially on the computer) and very little eye movement.  With Meclizine it helped steady the imbalance  and calm my nerves.  He also explained that calcium deposits can build up on a part of the inner ear and when they shift around, it can cause dizziness. 

The truth is I don't think they know enough about these inner ear conditions to really make a proper diagnosis, they're just tossing out ideas and remedies hoping one will work.  The diuretic and meclizine usually works for me and when I have an "attack" i just lay in a dark quiet room until the worst subsides.   Cutting way down on salt and getting exercise is a big plus too.

I really do not know if I have the same problem..but for past two months I have been facing discomfort while trying to sleep or lying, changing sleeping posture. I feel I have some neurological problem though these posts somewhere console me but perturb simultaneously me as many of you still did not find any remedy. I searched because until now I did not know whom shall I consult first atleast I know NOW..thank you all