I was addicted to painkillers for about 5 1/2 months. I started taking them just at work. Then i was doing them everyday for the last 2 months. It never really got too bad. I never really exceeded more then 2000 milligrams (Or two Thousand mg vicodens or percocet) of codein or, if i had it 20 miligrams of oxycontin. I snorted them sometiems but i really didnt like doing that so i just started popping 20 milligrams of oxy or a couple 2 or three vicoden a day just to motivate me. (But only 20-30 milligrams of oxy a day or 2 or 3 vicodens a day, never both on the same day)

My question is could i have doesn any serious irreversable damage to my lungs because i have a history of asthma. My asthma has been under control for the last 4 or 5 years with drugs like advair and singulair but i just want to know if i'm gonna dies in the next five years or when im 30 or forty. BTW I'm 19 and I also exercise and lift weights. I played organized sports ever since i was 7 when i was diagnosed with asthma. I just want to know if i've screwed myself bad. I've been off for about a week now and not going back for fear of death.

I've been perscribed vicoden or lortab before for injury's. I was also perscribed it when i was 12 for severe chest pains. I would also like to know if i ever do require the actual need (not dependence) for pain treatment and pain medication, should i decline? I know i'll never relapse because i've already been frightened enough. I know i was being ignorant with my asthma and narcotic use but i just need these question's answered the best they possibly can.