Hello, so first I want to share my story. I have been reading this site for two days now and I have to tell you all, it is nice to know that others know what I am going through right now, not that I wish this on anyone, but reading others posts on quitting opiates has been encouraging to say the least, sort of like a cyber NA meeting :-) . So about three years ago, I started to develop chronic leg and joint pain, I waited 2 months then finally went to a doctor, they told me it was probably just stress so to exercise and he gave me flexeril and Ibuprofin, well it didn't help, my pain got worse and it seemed all my joints hurt, finally went to see another doctor, they said its depression and wanted to prescribe me antidepressants, I WAS NOT depressed, and side effects seemed horrible so a friend recommended vicoden, whoalla, no pain.

I started taking them daily for pain and two years and four doctors later after I continuously told the doctors something was really wrong with me and I would sometimes cry cause my joints and muscles hurt so bad, this doctor sent me to a Rheumatologist, she figured out in ten minutes that I have a painful condition called benign joint hypermobility syndrome, basically my body does not make enough collagen and so my joints are very weak and my bones sort of rub together, and my muscles tighten to try and support my weak joints. Its like bad arthritis, very similar.  She prescribed me tramadol, then took me off it after two months told me my primary care has to give it to me, I didnt have a PC Dr at the time no insurance so i continued getting them off the street, after getting one he tells me that SHE is the one that has to prescribe them to me, I was so frustrated and confused. 

After so much frustration with doctors, begging them to help me with a pain management system them saying they've tried everything, which I guess everything meant flexeril, ibuprofin and tramadol, they said to just live with it. I was so frustrated I even asked them for anything it didn't have to be narcotics I told them, they said they knew that is all that will take away my type of pain but that they can't prescribe them to me because of the addictive aspect, even though I've already been taking vicoden and was already addicted. So I would get my pills from friends and it cost me, well here I am three years later and I have went from vics to percocet or oxys, to now heroin cause I couldn't afford the pills anymore. I hate it! I wake up everyday trying to figure out how to get the medicine or I should call them drugs, if I havent bought a supply, and I can't do anything without them. I feel the drug has so much control over me. I had NO clue that they were this addicting when I first started, I just wanted my chronic pain to go away and I felt the doctors really didn't try their best to put me on something so I had to get it off the streets. So for the first time ever I have decided to quit all of it. 

This is the fifth day for me. I'm doing it at home. The withdrawals are horrible as anyone knows who has went through it. The first three days I took a clonazapam here and there, like 1mg a day in pieces, could not eat anything, pewking, sweating, fever of 100, blah blah you gise know the horrible symptoms, I took one 500 mg vicoden on day three just to try and ease it for a lil while, it didn't even touch the withdrawals, I think day three and day four have been the peek of the withdrawals. So today is day 5 since I have planned to quit, I felt a little better when I woke up, then an hour later felt really dizzy, hot cold flashes again, just really sick again, and I ate a bit then went to sleep. By the way Ive been taking vitamins, lots of water, tea, and hot baths and started to eat on day 3.  I woke up and still felt like c**p, a little better though. 

SO HERES THE PROBLEM I NEED HELP WITH :::

Then someone came over, Ive been screening the people that knock to not let anyone who does opiates in, I haven't driven to go get it like I usually would, and I haven't called anyone to come and give it to me, but this person that came over had some oxy and asked if I wanted one cause I "look like hell" I said yes :$ and I told myself that quitting cold turkey maybe wasn't the best idea. Maybe I should have weened more instead of just pretty much quitting cold turkey, I was taking like either 60 mg of percocet or oxy a day or 5-10 dollars worth of heroin a day which is 0.05- 0.1 gram a day. They gave me a 60mg, and I took 30mg. I didn't get high off it it just stopped my withdrawals for a few hours. Well its 2 am and I feel better, still hot and cold here and there but now I'm scared that I only feel better cause I took that oxy which was 10 hours ago, and now I'm going to have to start from scratch, start form day one all over again, is this true? I just thought a ween may help, like a tiny bit like a took today, and maybe the other half in two more days, then no more. Did I just F up? Am I gonna start from day 1 all over again now. Please help, did I just way go way backwards and have to go through all of this again when I may have very well been very close to being done with these withdrawals. Advice is much appreciated, and please no methadone or suboxone suggestions because I've seen people withdraw from those for like a month and they said it was way worse then heroin or oxys or anything so I'm not goin that route.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE,
Mar-

Basically after telling my story, what im asking is since I only took one vicoden 500mg in 4 days then took one dose of 30 mg oxy on day 5 am I going to start the withdrawal symptoms of day 1,2,3,4 all over again because I took that oxy or may I be ok?

I'm sad to say that I've seen/heard and helped others with their situation. Some of them started with vicodin/percocet then to heroin because pills got to expensive. The moral is a few went back to taking whatever because the withdrawal symptoms were to much. I really think it's a crime for doctors to deny patients medicine. Well if you weren't in pain you wouldn't have made an appointment to see them insured or not. This so called government 'war on drugs' is actually a war against pain patients. And it's criminal because dr's take an oath to care for patients. The dr's are so afraid to prescribe making it miserable for pain patients. I have empathy for all that is suffering. As for your withdrawal symptoms your body only responds when it does not have what you've been providing it. First step was lowering your intake. Yes the symptoms will be there, nausea, sweating and who's to forget loose bowels. Also remember it's the brain that's missing the medication. So sleeping only makes worse because the sleeping giant has to wake up sometime. The best advice is to step down gradually no I'm not condoning use but I'm also not condemning pain relief. It's a conundrum your in damned if you do, damned if you don't. No you won't start withdrawal all over again because you never completed it. Yes you had the symptoms but once you introduced pills/relief into your body You started all over again. You can experience symptoms of withdrawal for weeks up to months. Occupy your brain, eat healthy and extricate those that have your desires out of your life until you are completely symptom free. I do know what your going through. Be strong and you can do this keep telling yourself to "keep on keeping on" and you'll beat this. Sad thing is pain will be there but after going through this terrible ordeal an over the counter pill may just do the trick. Good luck and be positive it's the struggle of your life. info: clinical assistant for 6 years in emergency room W AZ......

Hello. I have been on and off percocets for about 3 years, sometimes prescribed, mostly not.  I have clinical depression and was just recently diagnosed with fibromyalsia, though I am still being tested to see if it may be something else.  I have just started cutting down 3 days ago from 3-4 30mg a day, to 2 30mg now 1 30mg.  I feel aweful. And I also live with an addicted boyfriend.  This of course will have to end, too.  I do not and won't tell my doctor.  I am strong willed and can and will quit this aweful mentally and physically addicitive addiction.  I know of suboxen.  How can I ween myself off without getting completely sick or should I just stop like I was going to after today?  Please, no lechtures about not seeking medical help.  I welcome and appreciate any suggestions.

Hi, Im in a similar situation as mar330. Chronic pain sufferer who got screwed over by the dr's office over the holidays, said they were gonna be open & were not. Turned away at the hospital. Needless to say, neither my daughter nor I had a Christmas or New Years holiday this year. I'm 4 ever done with opiates, they can shove their poison. I'll find other ways 2 deal with my pain. Big Pharma ain't making no more cash off of killing this woman.
Question: Does any1 know an approx time of how much longer I'll have fever & insomnia? The house is a mess & so am I. How long can a body handle constant fever & no sleep? Am I just gonna collapse at some point?
Details: chronic pain from injuries suffered in car accident, 7 years on opiates (No Needles), Started Cold Turkey 10 Days ago, Latest Dosaging was 40 mg OxyNeo
2x daily, 2 perks a day.
Thanks 4 any help, I can see the light at the end of that tunnel, just can't quite grasp it. I don't understand how a body can go on functioning with 10 days of constant fever & no sleep.
Note 2 Others Suffering - Dont stop now, don't let those bastards win. They're killing you with poison & profiting while doing it!

Hi! I'm racquel an I abuse opiates(hydros)Once upon a time back in 2012,I was a pure pill junkie. I did just about anything to get them. I spent 100$ a day to get pills. I'm a tru witness that opiate addiction will take u down to nothing, an u will have nothing. It took for me to go to jail for 40 days to detox an to get a real reality chek. I was clean for a yr in a half until I day a friend of mine came over an mention that he had some pills. I gave in an took a couple, since then I have been buy them little by little. I so disappointed in myself,because I was so convince that my pill poping days were over. The devil is real an he don't want to see us live, he want to see us fall. An he will use that temptation that u desire to destroy u. I want allow myself to go down that highway to hell again. I will live a sober life,an I will get through the w.d bymyself without being locked up. I have a family an I can't lose them behind my own selfishness. I hope whomever is tryn to quit whatever addiction u are going thru, to pray an ask god to remove those bad temptations out of ur head. Have Faith! U can do it

Good for u! Highway to Hell is a great description for where opiates will take you. I've been clean for 10 months now, & I still feel sick lol. It's poison is all I can say. God bless & keep u on this journey...never forget you are not alone.

Get some Kratom, Loperamide and Cannabis, thats all you need for any opiate withdrawal. Do your own research, but i just gave you the best and most simple information on how to get though it, I hope this helps somebody! Stay healthy and happy my friends...