Hi. I`m 38 and I suffer from cirrhosis of the liver (was a heavy drinker, unfortunatelly). Not the only problem. This cirrhosis gave me the primary liver cancer, so called hepatoma. At first, I had no symptoms at all. Then I start loosing weight and feeling sick generally. My urine is dark. I was on some medical tests (liver biopsy) and they showed that I have liver cancer (stage 2). Anyway, I`m still considering some treatment options and would like to hear from somebody with experience.

Hi. My aunt had primary liver cancer, called hepatom or hepatocellular carcinoma. This disease is more common in men and people with cirrhosis are mostly affected. All I can say is that the surgery is the most effective treatment for primary liver cancer, but it depends on size or position of the tumour. The operation is not possible if your cancer has spread beyond the liver. There are also a liver resection (removing of the affected part of your liver), lobectomy (removing a whole lobe of the liver) and liver transplant. My aunt had a surgery and it was well done, she`s fine now. During the treatment she had experienced a whole set of emotions, like shock and anger.