Hi, I need some information about end stage of liver deterioration due to hepatitis C. My cousin, who is only 30 years old is in end stage of hepatitis C.

Hi, my mother had in final stage of hepatitis C liver failure and liver cancer. Liver cirrhosis is causing irreversible damage, as result of inflammation. About 20 percent of people with hepatitis C develop cirrhosis, but usually many, many years after infection. And about half of them further develop liver failure or cancer. Unfortunately, it can progress much faster. Liver transplantation may be the only solution. Liver has ability to regenerate so, hopefully even liver regeneration can be stimulated. We have in family to be susceptible to liver diseases so I take supplements to prevent any disorder.

Yes liver transplantation may be the only way, but if your cousin needs a transplant he/she may not have to wait. Someone living can donate part of their liver. Livers grow back. Regenerate.