I need some general info regarding the possible complications of primary biliary cirrhosis for that is how my husband was diagnosed two weeks ago. All I know that this condition as caused by autoimmune deficiency syndrome that he suffers for a long period of time – the thing is that he also has autoimmune thyroid disorder and now this autoimmune deficiency syndrome so I am now pretty much concerned of the possible complications of his latest diagnose. Thanks!

It could be very likely that your husband is genetically predisposed on having the autoimmune deficiency syndrome so if you have kids I advice you regularly check their blood also for it may easily happen they could be having some anti bodies in blood for you know having autoimmune deficiency syndrome is not a joke for very often it causes very serious condition such as primary biliary cirrhosis and that basically means that ducts connecting liver and gall bladder are damaged so are not able to transfer the bile from the liver to the gall bladder and than you have this primary biliary cirrhosis condition that could also be caused by autoimmune deficiency disorder causing the liver scarring but also this condition if not treated right way and on time may result in complications such as portal veins hypertension causing also enlarged veins and also osteoporosis as the result of vitamin D and calcium deficiency and other vitamins deficiency that is common aspect of autoimmune deficiency syndrome. And as for the treatment I think that taking methotrexate drug could help combined with the proper autoimmune diet and if the liver is damaged severely than the only opt could be liver transplant.