My mom has got arthritis and her hands are not only painful, they sometimes change color and become white and blue. After taking a look on wikipedia, I found out that she might well have Raynaud’s Phenomenon. Have any of you got any experience with this? Please tell me more.

As far as my knowledge of Raynaud’s Phenomenon goes, it is caused by lack of oxygen in the hand, and lack of blood circulation. The blue part comes from lack of oxygen and the white part is because there is not enough circulation of blood. It is something that is commonly associated with arthritis, so I think you might be right? The next step? Go to the doctor!

If she does have Raynaud's, then you know from the article you read that cold triggers symptoms a lot of the time. My wife has this also. Unfortunately, there is no "fix" for it. Avoiding cold helps, and my wife has taken some herbals to try to keep the symptoms to a minimum. Different herbals work for different people, and as with any supplement, before trying anything, talk to a doctor or pharmacist to make sure it won't interact with anything else she may be taking. Best of luck to you and your mom.