Hi, folks. My husband has been diagnosed with Raynaud’s phenomenon. His main problem is that his fingers change colour when exposed to coldness. They become blue, then white and red at the end. I would like to find out something more about the methods of treating this. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. First, your husband should make some lifestyle changes. He must quit smoking. Caffeine is also something that should be avoided since it is a vasoconstrictor. He should also avoid coldness and vibration. One of the drugs that are used in the treatment is nifedipine. It is a calcium antagonist. On the other hand, some experts report ACE inhibitors as a possibility in the treatment. If white fingers appear suddenly, he should warm them up. It would be best to put them under his armpit. I hope this will help. Good luck!