Hello. I'm 28 year old mother and I have a beautiful little girl who is only 6 years old. She is perfectly healthy and I have no complaints about this but there is one thing I would like find out more about.
You see, this winter, I have noticed that something strange is happening to her fingers and toes after she came back from playing out side. Although, she wears big gloves, her fingers almost turn into blue. I have heard that this is called Raynaud's phenomenon and that there are several possible complications!
Can someone tell me more about it!?

Hello. I know some facts about it because I believe my brother has been diagnosed with it few years back. To me, it hasn’t sounded like it was something serious but later on- doctor convinced me in opposite!
From what I know about it-Raynaud's phenomenon is a condition resulting from poor circulation in the extremity especially fingers and toes. But it can happen on lips and ears also.
If I understood right- all this is caused blood vessels shrinkage under the skin.
These attacks of vasospasm last only for couple of minutes but if they last longer- they could cause serious tissue damage.

A good friend of mine has Raynaud's diease and is on strong medication to control it. She seems to have no problem with it however.
After meeting her i have been slightly worried about how cold my hands and feet can be and apartently, when i went swimming my lips went blue although i wasnt overly cold. (i am often cold when others are not but i put this down to my very lack of body fat.) Is it possible that i have Raynaud's at a lesser degree?

hello,
i read your letter regarding your little girl. now a days science can no longer answer in medical terms the phenomenon that is happening around us. your little girl has a gift, her 2nd dimension portal has opened which we called the third eye. certain things will be happening to her that you would sometimes notice she is talking and playing alone. alot questions coming from her, the moment you noticed the changes took place

What is this person above talking about? Please, this is serious and you come here with pathetic explanations?! Get real and a life.

Yes it is most likely that your daughter has that condition. If you haven't, please see a Doctor but also do some research and take it with you. If and when your daughter plays in the cold, well, you must explain to her that when she feels her fingers too cold, she must seek warmth indoors. When the fingers go bloodless, the best way to restore circulation is to put her hands under hot water. When I say hot water, please don't go burning her, I mean, tap hot water around 30 degrees C.
And please, do seek medical advice as soon as possible and do NOT accept any silly explanation from any Doctor, as most GPs are very ignorant of some conditions.

Also, make every effort to NOT put your daughter through stressful situations. Yes, stress tightens the little veins and favours the condition and actually it is thought that stress may be one of the causes of the condition.

Good luck

I have suffered with Reynaulds since I was a little girl and at 41 it gets worse and worse every year. I can tell you that it is very painful. Especially when the thawing starts. I can not put ice into glasses and I have to use an oven mitt to get milk out of the fridge. The grocery store is a nightmare. I hate the winter. Gloves do not work. I can never get my feet warm. It can also be very dangerous. Reynaulds is also one of the symptoms of Lupus. Make sure you and your doctor check into that. I thaw out with warm water, but have to be very careful since it is easy to burn myself, since I do not feel the heat like other people do. I had to be very careful when bathing my children. I was told to take an aspirin a day, but I can not see that it helps. I hope this helps you some.

I was diagnosed with Reynaulds by my doctor but didn't think it was really bad. Only my fingers are affected. Lately however it seems that I have been getting these black sores on my fingers arounds the tip and nails. They actually come from the inside out . I also get these sores on the tips of my fingers. It is very painful. Any suggestions? :-(

I am 43 and have been battling this disease for a while.. my mom has it and so did my grandmother.. out of 5 kids, I am the one who carries it on. Very painful. I am writing because I wanted to share one thing that I have noticed.. I seem to be more susceptible to a episode when I have recently eaten anything with high carbs.. I don't mean that I don't have a reaction when I keep carbs out of the picture. I just mean I seem more likely to have an episode when I have just had a high carb meal. It is horrible. Reading some of your posts, I am amazed and frightend. I didn't realize how bad the disease can be. Throughout my days I try to avoid situation where it can happen. I know that my disease will progress and get worse. I just didn't know how bad.. Thank you for sharing your posts.

I have reynauld's syndrome as well. If you notice it getting worse with carbs, you might want to try going gluten free. Gluten (found in wheat, rye, and barley) can cause symptoms such as reynauld's . You may have celiac disease, another autoimmune disorder or just be gluten intolerant. My symptoms (I also had intestinal problems) went away after going on the diet. There's a large amount of information on the Internet.

i have it and 2 of my three daughters and thier daughters males don`t tend to have it ,but it does happen I have a great-grandson I think has it he is 2 1/2 it split when it passed to my 2 daughters 1 has part of my symtomes and the other has part we find that mittens are better than gloves as the fingers are all together I wear socks all the year around you didn`t mention headaches , holding a pencil for a long time without numbness and tingling I find that a hair dryer and almost hot water to warm fingers after comming in from the cold if you want to know more I am usually close I am 72 now I have now several generations of learning now

I would be very careful about any sores that you get on the tips of your toes or fingers. My husband's cousin has dealt with this for years and has gone through many surgeries as a result of infections that didn't heal. I hate to tell you this, but better that you know and understand. She has had fingers amputated and toes, eventually having part of her foot amputated. My recommendation is that you see a specialist in this field and keep a close watch on any cuts, sores or changes. Please do that.