Hi, my troubles started a long time ago. I was always very sensitive to cold weather. The most sensitive parts of my body are my fingertips. On cold days, if my hands are not protected, the fingertips become numb and sometimes even turn white. My sister told me that I have Raynaud's disease. Can you advise me a treatment for Raynaud's?

Hi, your sister is probably right. The symptoms that you have described, numb fingertips that even turn white, consist with Raynaud's disease. It is the inability to have sufficient blood supply of, in your case, fingertips. As a result, symptoms that you have occur. Blood vessels in our body narrow when it is cold or in stressful situations in order to preserve the core temperature of the body. In people that have Raynaud's this process is increased. The most affected are small blood vessels that are located in fingers and toes. I can advise you to try using so called Raynaud’s gloves. They improve the circulation by warming up the hands. Of course, you must see a doctor. Raynaud's can be a condition for itself but can also be a symptom of another disease. The doctor will give you all the necessary information and recommend the right course of treatment which may include some medicines.