Hi, some time ago my daughter was diagnosed with raynaud’s disease. I have never even heard of something like that. My daughter was always problematic with cold. Her fingertips would go numb when exposed to cold. Now, it seems that, because of this condition, she has to choose the occupation that will not make her situation even worse. Which occupations make one more prone to raynaud’s disease?

Hi, the insufficient blood supply to some body parts is defined as Raynaud’s disease. What happens is that the blood vessels constrict much more than it is necessary. Especially affected are the extremities. The constriction is mostly applied on the small blood vessels under the skin. As a result, affected body parts go numb and can even turn white. This occurs when there is no blood getting to the body parts. The circumstances that can lead to it are cold and stressful situations. Therefore, occupations that make one more prone to Raynaud’s disease are the ones that involve working in cold conditions, jobs that cause stress, exposure to vinyl-chloride and the interesting one is job that involves vibrating especially drilling.