Does anyone here know whether it is possible to get Raynaud’s phenomenon just during pregnancy? I had icy cold hands and feet during my last pregnancy and my mother swears that she had the same thing as well. That made me wonder... I am trying to conceive again now, and I am hoping to avoid it this time. ANy further info would be great.

Hi there! I read somewhere that people of any age can have Raynaud’s phenomenon, the primary form typically begins between the ages of 15 and 25. Women are more likely than men to have Raynaud’s phenomenon. It appears to be more common in people who live in colder climates. This is likely true because people with the disorder have more Raynaud’s attacks during periods of colder weather. I guess the pregnant women are included too. If you are sure you're suffering Raynaud's phenomenon there are few things you can do in order to decrease the severity of Raynaud’s attacks. The most important thing is avoid the cold. Warming the body and the hands or feet is also helpful. Avoid chilling any part of the body. Don't smoke. You should avoid aggravating medications such as vasconstrictors, which cause the blood vessels to narrow. Learning to recognize and avoid stressful situations may help control the number of attacks. Exercise regularly. You should see your doctors if you are worried or frightened about attacks or if you have questions about Raynaud’s phenomenon during pregnancy. I hope this will help. I believe you will be just fine and so will baby. All the best.

My daughter hAs it too now that she is pregnant.