I need some info regarding blood test and raynaud phenomenon. I am suspected of having raynaud's disease due to the symptoms I persistently am suffering from lately. I am actually extremely sensitive to a cold weather and I have problems with numbness of my hands and feet fingers and my skin color changes-it turns into blue alike color and the worse is that those symptoms are accompanied with pain. Anyway I am suppose to have some blood test tomorrow –it is called ANA test and as I get it if it turns out I could easily be diagnosed with this disease and would like to hear something about this blood test and raynaud phenomenon. Thanks!

Being diagnosed with raynaud disease means you have developed some auto immune system disorder and it is manifested in numbness of feet and hand fingers but it may also affect cheeks, nose and ears. I am also diagnosed with raynaud's phenomenon and it is actually the result of bad blood vessels functioning –they actually fail to supply your skin with blood properly and the result is numbness, tingling and pain and according to your symptoms you are more likely to have developed raynaud phenomenon. Anyway raynaud's disease went diagnosed usually by proper blood test such as ANA test –antinuclear antibodies test –which if turns out to be positive may indicate presence of these antibodies but if you asked me this test is not that much reliable for there are many other condition that could provoke your ANA test to turn out positive so besides this test you may also try having another blood test called Erythrocyte sedimentation rate-ESR-and if this test turns out to be positive than it is more likely to be about raynaud's phenomenon –at least that is how I was diagnosed and am now on calcium channel blockers treatment.