I had the normal few days of thicker discharge and then ending inthe slippery egg white stuff and was just wondring if any one knows if there could be other reasons that this would happen besides ovulation- kind of a dumb question but it came about a week and a half after my period this time and I thought was kind of wierd!!

NO. Only ovulating. Because all it does is helps the sperm travel to your uterus. Unless your 9Mos pregnant, and you lose your mucus plug, it looks the same but your mucus plug is a freakin' huge glob of it...sounds nasty, but, if your not pregnant and ready to pop than Your OVULATING!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same thing happen to me...sort of.

The week before when my period was due, I spotted for 5 days straight. The third day of spotting I bled normally for several hours, then just went back down to spotting again. The day after that I bled normally for an hour, then continued spotting.

One week later, I noticed that I was producing a lot of mucus. It was somewhat opaque, but it was very slippery and stretchy. This lasted for about two or three days. I suspect I was ovulating, but I'm just surprised it happened a week after my "period".

Have you spoken to anyone about this? I am trying to figure out what the issue is because it doesn't sound normal. Have you talked to your doctor about any of it? It would be helpful to know. Thank you!

This is interesting topic and gave many good post. It is very useful and informative.

yes if any one finds out more about this please post....i have been experiencing similar symptoms as well...it started about a week after my period (which was normal) but the slippery discharge was the light brown color of blood and as well i have had bloating, cramping in the lower abdominal, and the sudden urge to stool but nothing happens....its kinda of scarying me and was wondering if it was seriuose enough to go get checked out

I got my period yesterday around noon. I had severe "anal cramps" late in the evening, around 8:30pm. I used the bathroom and when I wiped, I saw I had some egg white mucus - water clear, but thick and draw-y. Today, I feel pain in my left side kind of like ovulation pain I feel some months. I have had this same experience before (the mucus during my period, and the anal cramps). I'm beginning to wonder if the mucus + anal cramps go together but since they don't happen often, I can't tell, but will definitely watch it from now on. By the way, does anyone get those 'anal cramps"? They are horrible; they stop you dead on your tracks and grip you like the devil. They always ease up and disappear after I do number 2. Last night I was wailing like a wailer when they came. :-(

I am on birth control. I'm rather new to it so I still spot for about a week before my period. I got that same mucus in my spotting. Curious...

omG, I thought I was the only one who gets those (anal cramps), would have never even thought of what to call them, they are indeed excruciating, you are def not alone ;).

me and my bf had unprotected sex everyday couple times and iwas more wet than usually. during the time of ovulation. march 31st-april 8. week or so later ifeel period cramps and spotting blood when iwipe. and throw up in my mouth a little. my vagina still feels very extra slippery and noticed blood and brown stuff and the mucus. now its egg white discharge coming out not alot bt enough to notice two days before expected period possible im pregnant

The problem im having is I have been on my period since Monday the 23rd of April and this morning when I went to use the restroom I felt something slimmy n stretchy. when I pulled it out it was lite brown mucus. Do anyone know what it could be. This is the 1st time I noticed this while on my cycle.

I get the severe anal cramps, heaps of clear 'eggwhite' discharge and am told it means I'm ovulating, but I seem to ovulate a LOT! Im wondering if it's got to do with my pcos?

You can ovulate any time during your cycle. Some women ovulate on their period.

PCOS can cause egg-white like discharge more often than women without it. It's completely normal.

The only time I ever had egg white discharge that was noticiable I was pregnant.