Hello! My boyfriend & I decided we wanted to start a family and are planning everything now. I am trying to count my ovulating days, but I also heard that there could be some physical ovulating symptoms. Does anybody know what these are? Thanx!

Hi! There are three physical ovulating symptoms. They are basal body temperature, cervical mucus changes and lower abdominal pains. About one-fifth of women actually feel ovulatory activity, which can range from mild aching to twinges of sharp pain. This may last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and is usually noticed in the right side of lower abdomen. You can get a body temperature chart, which is a daily recording of body temperature, which is an indicator of ovulation as body temperature will rise after ovulation. As cervical mucus is there to let the sperm move freely through the cervix, there will be an increase in cervical mucus at ovulation, as well as a change in texture - the mucus becomes more clear, sort of stretchable, and slippery. You can examine it with clear fingers or toilet paper.

OK, so I'm going to get straight to the point. I had sex exactly one week after my period ended. My period is usually 5-6 days, so it ended this month on the 7th of October. I had sex unprotected the following Friday the 13th o.O , but he pulled out. I know, I know. Now I did have some discomfort because I hadnt had sex in months and now 2 days later I noticed some spotting of pink in my underwear. Im am so afraid that I'm pregnant, but could I be? I dont know how long my cycle is so I need help in figuring that out to. Please help ?

Lilja: Not all women will have symptoms of ovulation, and some women may not even ovulate despite having a monthly period (anovulation). Also, not all women will have the same symptoms during ovulation. One typical symptom, though, is a change in your vaginal discharge. If the mucous is clear or whitish and is very stretchy (like egg whites), that's usually an indicator that you're fertile. Not all women may get this, but this is one of the most common symptoms. Do remember that these symptoms are not foolproof - sometimes there's no definite way to know when you are ovulating.

Concerned: Women can ovulate at different times - we don't all ovulate two weeks after the first day of our last period, despite popular belief. Some women may ovulate during their periods, and many may ovulate twice a month. The withdrawal method is not reliable and it's very possible you could have gotten pregnant from lack of protection. I highly doubt the spotting you're having is from pregnancy, though - implantation bleeding occurs 4-7 days after conception, and it may take up to a week for a woman to conceive, and even then there's no guarantee that she will release her egg while the sperm are alive in her body.

I would bet that, since you have not had sex for a few months, the spotting is probably due to the sex. When you go without for a while, your body is not as used to it when you go for it again, and you may have a little vaginal tear. If it continues, though, I advise speaking to your doctor - spotting that is not related to your periods can be a sign of any number of female reproductive disorders, like endometriosis or PCOS.

I'm new to this site found through my google-searching. I wonder if someone can advice me. I've been trying to get pregnant for the last six months (well... thats a it strong really .. its more that I've been 'leaving it to fate'). Anyway - the last time I had sex was about four weeks ago, and my 'period' came about 5 / 6 days later. However - ever since then I've had a tugging, swollen feeling, very tender. I've been to the Doctors and they've tested for any infection or anything and they've found nothing. They say its unlikely I'm pregnant because I had my period (which would make sense to me also :-) But I can't explain this pain / feeling. A good friend of mine went through THREE period like events when she was pregnant, so I'm confused. Aside from the period thing though... does anyone know if early pregnancy can cause this sort of dull throb / ache? Its still too soon to test and I wanna know if I'm just going nuts %-)

I had my period 10th March i had sex 21,22&23 then 27,28&30, i'm feeling really bloated and my appetite is in rage lately i've also had some cramping on the first three days i had sex my breast or little tender not much and i've been tired i think that's probably from all the sex i've been having. Could the camping be from ovulation cramps, i took a early pregnancy test 30th, to early i know? I want to know if i'm pregnant i can't wait.

to answer question # 1 @ the top of the page, myself I always know when I'm ovulating because of the symtoms that I have.My # one symtom is I have cramps the few days I ovulate. Sometimes there bad enoughh for me to think i'm gonna start my mensrual cycle.also my breast become quite tender during ovulation.hope this is helpful for all those who where wondering. :-D