I am confused, I had intercourse on May 20th and 21st and I ovulated on the 22nd. Then starting on the 23rd I had a thick brownish mucus that continued for a couple of days. At first I thought it was implantation bleeding but the more research I did I found it generally takes place 6-12 days after ovulation. There was enough mucus that I wore a pantyliner but no pad or tampon was necessary. My next period should come June 5th.

What does this mean...miscarriage, infection? Any help is greatly appreciated!

The bleeding ( brown mucus discharge) you experienced could not be miscarriage because you couldn’t have gotten pregnant one day after your ovulation meaning no implantation occurred yet, so you couldn’t have miscarried a day after ovulation.
It can’t be said with certainty what this mucus was. It was probably excessive mucus discharge due to ovulation because we always secrete more discharge when ovulating and the bleeding could also be from ovulation or maybe some old blood or maybe even an infection.
You could wait until your period is supposed to start and see what happens.
If something strange appear again, you may decide to see a gynecologist and have it checked and see it everything’s in order.
You could have developed ovarian cysts (due to ovulation) that go away on their on in three cycles time tops.

Hi There

I found ure posting most interesting....because I am experiencing a similar situation. We had sex two days before and on the evening of ovulation this month (June 2006) and some 3 days later I have been experiencing thick brown discharge. Not enough for a tampon ...more like a once of spill once a day...usually around noon.....so did u fall pregnant in the end and did the discharge go away...any updates would be reassuring...Thx

What you are having could be contributed to endo. You should see a gyno, but make sure you have one that knows what they are doing. This gets misdiagnosed all the time. Enteresting that the responder did not even mention this as it could cause infertilty!!!!!

Greetings! You will find that this is normal during ovulation. During Ovulation a bit before or even a day after, you can get what is called "mittelscmertz" which is German for Middle Pain. When the ovary stretches for ovulation it can cause pain on one side of your abdomen. And, as the egg bursts through the wall of the ovary, a little bit of bleeding can result, but it should not last any more than two days.

I recently ovulated and began spotting but now I know it is a fertile sign.

A day before my period was due i had unprotected sex with my hubby. I had a normal period of about 10 days. 3 days after that i had unprotected sex again. For the next 3 days i had a thick brown discharge. We both have had ourselves checked for std ect. and i have had a Pap smear a few months ago. What could this be???

My husband and I had sex Sunday eve, I had noted some of the signs of ovulation (thicker discharge and tender nipples). Today (tue) I noted brown mucous type discharge. We have been trying to get pregnant for quite some time...hate to get my hopes up...

well are there any results?

Hi :-)
I have experienced this type of spotting many times while "ttc" (trying to concieve) and only really since i have ttc. This mabe because i never took any real notice until now.
I found it to be a sign of "ovulation", as i can garuntee that 14 days from the first day of my period i will get this spotting. It always seems a little heavier if we have ttc that month.
I have also noticed that depending on how often we ttc, i can aggrivate my cervix, which can cause a little bleeding a day or two later, and sometimes followed by cramping and bloating.

However, i have already had my spotting last weekend, then early again in the week........ but then again today????.... i have had more which is a bit strange because im use to seeing it around ovulation which i did, but not again 5 -7 days past ovulation? which has me baffled into thinking is this implantation or am i ovulating again later?....
I will keep you posted, as theres nothing worse than when someone posts and never returns with the outcome. %-)

:) :) :(

I've had protected sex exactly a week ago,but i've noticed some strange things. cum has been coming out of my vagina the first couple days,but now brown mucus looking stuff is coming out. It's not a lot but it's a enough that were I have to wear a pantiliner. could this be my own cum from me or his cum. could this be some kind of disease. or am I pregnant?

When I first started getting this brown discharge as you have all described I was very concerned. Over time I came to realize it was all pretty timed; usually some around ovulation, then some after my period. Lately(the last few months), I notice that none of that discharge changed in regularity, but every time I have sexual intercourse I seem to get it regardless of how far into my cycle i am. What could this mean?

i dnt understand what ur saying because im in that situation ryt now with light bleeding brown discharge after ovulating and also clots but they have gone now and now im just getting cramps on left side and bk and the bleeding has gone to now its brown im confussed even writing it lolz ive had it for 6 days now :(

this is exactly what i am experiencing right now too as well.  5 days ago me and my boyfriend were having sexual intercourse, except that we did not have sex and his d*""* did not go inside nor anything like that my pants and his pants were on the whole time. but he did finger me.. i am still a virgin, but i was discussing this with my friends that he might had popped my cherry lol... well when i went home i had this brown mucus that it also looked like blood. now my period is not supposed to start in till the first week of november, but since this happened 5 days ago i have been spotting but still with like dry blood and also mucus and its not alot either.. i put a tampon during the day, and during the night i dont get anything... so iam not sure what this exactly is.. and it doesnt have a displeasing order that its horrible.. it has an order but not a bad one.. so i really need help... ASAP

I currently have this dark mucous discharge but two days ago I was bleeding in early AM like I had my period. Now its a dark discharge for two days. I am on the pill and have not had sex in 7 days. What is this? I never had this problem on these particular pills.