hi all
my husband and i are trying for our 2nd child and i'm due for my period today or tomorrow and have noticed the last couple of days my mucus has become egg like and a little opaque in colour. is this a possible sign of pregnancy? and also i did my basal temperature this morning and its still 37.1 deg celcius. any thoughts would be good. i'm trying to be strong and not do a hpt for at least 4 more days because with my first daughter i was 6 days late and the test came up positive but was very, very, faint, so i think i should wait as to not get a false negative.
look forward to your thoughts
colette
8-|

Hello Collete! Most of the signs you mentioned are actually ovulation tracking signs. Egg-white mucus that is stretchy, clear, and slippery is a typical sign that ovulation is approaching or that you are ovulating and honestly I didn’t have white mucus when I got pregnant. But I did have the spotting and have been nauseous even before I realized I was pregnant.

As for the basal temperature….how long have you been tracking it? Have you learned what is your normal basal temperature? You measure basal temperature first thing you wake up before you even get out of bed. Before ovulation your temperature may vary from day to day by about 0.1 degree C. Straight after ovulation, the temperature rises by at least 0.2 degrees C and stays high until your next period. This increase in temperature is caused by the progesterone released from the follicle after ovulation. The problem with basal temperature is that it actually tells you that you have already ovulated. You are most fertile the few days before their peak temperature, and are least fertile once their temperature has remained high for three days. Sleeping in for an hour longer than normal could result in a rise in temperature that looks like ovulation, but it isn’t.

Honestly I can’t say whether you’re pregnant or not because it is too early for any symptoms except for nausea. Just be patient for another few days.

I hope your wish will come true! Good luck!

Well, I also experienced the white discharge and it has been very similar to the egg-white fertile discharge. I was supposed to start my period today (last period was 01/12) and I had taken a hpt last night - it was a strong positive! I didn't want to get my hopes up on a false positive so I went this morning and had a serum pt & that was positive as well! I'm very excited. What made me question possible pregnancy was the fact that I had brown discharge w/pink in it and then my breasts are a little soar, but the nipples are tingly and I've had a lot of naseau this week. It's not normal for me to have the clear/off-whitish discharge before my period so that was another "odd" thing. If you don't start your period you may want to consider getting a serum pt - they are supposed to be more reliable and accurate even with earlier testing. Let us know! :-D

hi there
i know about cervical mucus etc and how it effects ovulation. i too started my last period on 1/12 so i know i'm not ovulating, so Caperdue, i think we are in the same place.
congratulations and i'll let you know how i go.
i'm waiting till sunday to do a test because with my first daughter i was 6 days over and it was still very, very faint.
good luck to you
colette

Congratulations Caperdue! I hope you will have a lovely pregnancy and even lovlier baby!

Take care
Danny

Were you pregnant? I have the same question!

hey so my bf and i had unprotected sex.and so the next day i went and took the plan b pill but i think istarted ovulating the same day i took the pill ( i had a clear strechy discharge) but now i have a thick.white dischrage and im kinda scardd could this be signs of pregnancy?? my period is irregular so i never know when im going to start but i suppose to start around the 10th..
could that white discharge be normal ??