I just recently got my period and it's still not regular, and during the whole month this white gooey stuff comes out of my vagina and hardens on my underwear. What could it be? Is there something wrong with me??

It's normal to have some vaginal discharge, as the vagina stays moist as part of its self-cleansing mechanism. The normal moist discharge clears dead cells and bacteria from the vagina. It comes mainly from glands in the cervix (the neck of the womb), and is slightly acidic, which helps to keep infections at bay. The acidity results from lactic acid, formed by 'friendly' bacteria as they break down sugars.

The amount of normal discharge varies from woman to woman, and with the menstrual cycle. Many women notice that during the week after a period there is hardly any discharge, and what there is has a thick consistency. Towards the middle of the cycle (about 2 weeks after the start of a period) the amount increases and it becomes thin, slippery and clear, like uncooked egg white. When this discharge is exposed to the air it becomes brownish-yellow, so it is normal to find a yellowish stain on your undies at the middle of the monthly cycle. There may also be a feeling of moistness and stickiness.

Discharge also increases during pregnancy. And during sexual excitement, vaginal discharge becomes very profuse because two glands near the vaginal opening (the Bartholin's glands) secrete additional slippery mucus, which acts as a lubricant for intercourse

Normal discharge doesn't smell, and does not cause any irritation or itching. A discharge is likely to be abnormal if:

it smells fishy
it's thick and white, like cottage cheese
it's greenish and smells foul
there's blood in it (except when you have a period)
it's itchy
you have any genital sores or ulcers
you have abdominal pain or pain on intercourse
it started soon after you had unprotected sex with someone you suspect could have a sexually transmitted disease.
Possible causes

bacterial vaginosis
thrush
forgotten tampons
gonorrhoea
trichomoniasis

This is a stage this is very normal if your uncomfortable contact your docter