My husband and I had sex right around the time I was ovulating or getting ready to ovulate, about 9 days ago. We had sex again last night and there was a lot of thick white mucus that came out. It was definitely not sperm...it was thick, not runny at all, and it appeared to have come out from inside me. I've been having some other symptoms that come and go, like cramps in the lower back and abdomen, fatigue, mood swings, and a low-grade fever. Could I be pregnant? I'm not sure because I was pregnant once and had a miscarriage, and all the signs were VERY similar to PMS, just more fatigue and more bloating. It's too early to take a test right now. I wasn't sure if the white mucus could be a sign of impending menstruation. FYI it's not ovulation since it is way too late into my cycle. Thanks!

From my own personal experience I had white thick discharge around the time of implantation and it has yet to go away. Which is very normal in pregnancy. It's not really a sign of a period coming but everyone is different. I would take a ept a day or two before you get your period and find out. Alot of tests will test you positive up to 3-5 days before you get your period.

I too had a similar experience. I ovulated on day 14 (i have a 28 day cycle). my husband and I had intercourse ever 2 days during the week of ovulation, and then 5 days after ovulation I had this very THICK WHITE discharge. It was only the one time, and after I cleaned myself out, I havent seen it again. I am awaiting my period at the end of this week, but have had sore boobs (more so then usual) and also cramping. (But I dont know if its my period coming or if I could be pregnant. I have also been feeling a bit sick and a bit off balance..

My husband and I have been trying for a few months without any luck, and this is the first time I've had thick white mucus. I did a early pregnancy test 7 days and then 5 days before my period is due, and it was negative, could I still be pregnant

so did you find out if you are? never worry about a negative test because a few days later you test again to see if it changes...because of your hormone levels increasing it might not show pregnancy exactly when you test!!! Good luck!

Did you ever find out?

I had a similar thing just happen to me. We were on vacation while I was ovulating. We returned, and for the past 3 or 4 days I've been warmer than usual, fighting through flashes of heat and nausea. I also had very bad lower back pain. This morning after intercourse we noticed thick white mucus that I have never experienced before. It was definitely from me, kept it's shape, and had no odor whatsoever. I don't feel sick this morning and was thinking (before this happened) maybe I just had a little stomach bug.
Since it would be extremely early...only a week or so, I don't think a test will tell. (plus - with my 1st child - a test didn't tell me at 2 months!)

Anyone have similar stories? Which way did it go...pregnant or not?

Same thing here- did anyone end up preggers after this? it is seriously strange. totally odorless, white, not sticky, holds shape, feels almost waxy. i just checked CP and had a ton of it on my finger afterwards. don't think it's an infection- since no odor, no itching or discomfort. hmmmm, very strange- never had anything anywhere near this before.

I have this right now. I am 4dpo and my cm is white, thick and chuncky. Temps are up and down, cramping and back ache. We will see in the next few days. Would it be wrong to test so soon? XD

I experienced exactly the same thing. We have the exact situation. My husband and i have been trying for 3 months now after the miscarriage- supposed to be our first baby. I know the anxiety torture of having to wait for the next month to be able to find out. I had thick white mucus discharge on the starting on the 25th day of my cycle. Expereinced mild cramping in my abdomen and back pains. Temp is also a bit erratic, sometimes im feel like i have a fever. And now on the 27th, i jut got my period. It was devastating! :'( But i know there will be more months to try. The mucus is supposedly your body's way of preparing you for the next cycle. I hope the opposite happens to you. Good luck to those who are trying. Hope we are blessed with baby soon!

I just found out I am pregnant two days ago, and last night after sex had the think, white, mucus your taking about. I dont know if it has to do with the pregnancy, but Ive never had it happen until now.

I have these same symptoms....but I have them like every month. I have never been pregnant and just thought it was my bodies way of getting ready for the next cycle...should I be worried?

i have the same syptoms. i am 16. the thick white discharge is a whole lot of small, stringy-looking white bits that i noticed in the shower a lil while ago. its on my vaginal walls, it covered my finger when i tried to see where it was coming from. im worried if it means im pregnant. my boyfriend and i had intercourse yesterday, i used contraception (the pill and condoms), but im still worried. its never occured before. it couldnt be sperm, its too thick and its not liquid-like...
HELP?!

so i have a ten month old son and all of a sudden i've had this thick white mucas earlier today, but i didn't have sex recently, i did have this before with my first pregnancy. I'm on the mirena but could i still be pregnant? i'm afraid to take a test because i'm in the middle of planning a wedding and i don't want to tell my fiance if we are going to be having another one so soon.

%-) Please help..
I have been on Depo for the last 3 years and went off it over 2 months ago, i haven't had a normal (for me) period, only small spotting about 3 weeks ago. The hubby and I had sex a week ago and for about 4 days i have had, Abdominal cramps, lower back pain and then today thick white discharge. Am i Pregnant???

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant as well, for about 6 months now with no luck. We even went to the fertility doctor took the tests the pills all is a go they said. Well nothing yet, but I too get a thick white mucus every couple months and am not pregnant. So now I'm wondering if there is something wrong with me? It has no odor and I hae no other symptoms.

ok my last period was Jan 14, 2010. Now its almost the end of Feb, and still no period. I have been real tired for no reason at all i have the thick white discharge with no oder, and now i have a cold and i dont get sick well till now i took a test weeks ago but it was negative, but my famliy told me that doesnt mean anything could i be prego!! has this happen to anyone besides me?? Please tell me, my husband and i try to make a baby before he left, now he is over in iraq and he is very anxious but, i dont wanna get our hopes up high but, i need to know before i got to the doctor!!! cross ur fingers for us lol :-D