What kind of cervical mucus should I expect after ovulation if I am pregnant? I am only about 6 dpo, but I have been having a LOT of discharge..more than I am used to. It is creamy and white. I have heard that increased amount of discharge can be a symptom of pregnancy..would this be too early to notice it? I am TTC, but this is my only symptom so far.

Thanks

I am 12dpo and just noticed today that I felt more "wet", the discharge is whitish and sleepery...not egg-white thought...I am hoping that it means pregnancy it can be either way!

Do you have any other symptoms?

Ummm...well, I think I have 2 other symptoms, but I hope I am not just imagining them...I am now 7-8 DPO and I sometimes feel VERY lethargic... also my boobs look bigger to me....I thought they were sore while I was at work last night, but it seemed to be just a momentary thing... they kind of ached for about a minute or two on and off...now I feel pretty normal...I am still having the discharge, though.

Let me know if you find out you are pregnant?...or even if you don't.

Good luck!

The discharge happens during ovulation to make your vagina less acidic and easier for the sperm to make it to the egg that just planted itself into your uterus. This happens every month to me for 22 years now. My ovulation hurts every month, the discharge is there every month. If you were pregnant, the breasts will become sore to where you cannot touch them at all. I become short tempered when pregnant and moody and for sure more tired.

Best of luck!
Eve

P.S. stress delays your period. Mine just did this for 3 days. I took a pregnancy test, the cheap one works fine $3.98 @ Wal Mart. It read a negative result w/in 1 min. I got my period about 4 hours later. Because I stopped stressing it.

I know about the changes in cervical mucus to assist with pregnancy...but shouldn't the discharge disappear after ovulation occurs? i am less than a week away from getting my period now and it is still abundant..

It has happened to me many months at a time, having the discharge longer than a week. I asked my doctor, she ran tests because mine had a color to it as well, but there was no problem. Maybe your body is changing with age. I know mine has. Ask a doctor if you're worried. Take the preganancy test as well. Good luck.

Hi Captiva,

Any update on if you're pregnant or not? I'm going through the same thing--- a good amount of milky white mucus, and waiting for my period (which is now late). My temperatures are also still high. However, this is my first month of charting temps/mucus, so I don't know if this is normal for my body.

Thanks!

no...I didn't end up pregnant after all...i got my period two days early.

good luck to you.

Hello girls,

I haven't had a period since the end of August. So I went to see a Nurse to give me a test, which said neg., also got a pap done. I have been reading about the cervical mucus, I think I have early Mucus - thick, white & sticky. I know if you start Birth Control it helps you start your period. I am going on my third week of the pills, and no period yet. This has happen to me couple times. But it usually started my period within the week of the pills. Now that I am going on my third week, could it be possible, when I have irregular periods all the time, become pregnant. I do not use any protection with my boyfriend (we have been together for over 2 years now, and we love each other dearly). Your feedback will be appricated.

Thanks!!

Increased creamy CM is a sign of pregnancy. It is due to increasing levels of progesterone in your system.

i have a question.. im 20 yrs old.. im very new to this pregnant thing so please dont think im stupid lol.. im supposed to get my next period around the 9th.. i noticed that my cervical mucus is milky white and its alot at times.. iv been reading about cervical mucus and when u should try to get pregnant and blah blah blah but i cant seem to find what it means when you get milky cervical mucus. does anyone know? and im sorry if you guys went thru this but i just dont know what it means. and can never get one answer. thanks bunches my e-mail is

*******

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

i am also getting lots of cm but im 6 dpo and its really thick and creamy, there is a lot more than usual. anyone have any ideas

i am super tired, cervix is high, soft and lots of creamy white discharge

Are you or anyone else having these symptoms pg? I have one daughter and if I can remember I had creamy CM too. I am TTC again and I have it .

The pill does not help start your period----it produces esotrogen withdrawal bleeding (when you take placebos), it is bleeding but not technically menstruation. The pill suppresses ovulation and gives you artificial hormones to stop the process of ovulation and eventual menstruation. This is why you can have unprotected intercourse without getting pregant because you do not release an egg (if you don't miss pills or the margin of error). If it is your third week of pills you should expect to bleed on day 28 or there abouts when you take the placebo pills (ones without the artificial hormones), since that is what triggers endometrial shedding. So, at three weeks on birth control you would normally not expect to bleed and it is unlikely you are pregnant if you had a neg test previous to starting them.