Is it normal to bleed rectally while menstruating? What causes this?

Please go see your OBGYN. I don't know about bleeding from the rectom, but bleeding in between periods is a great indicator that something is wrong. I used to have bleeding in between my periods and I had a condition called endometreosis, but I had surgury and I'm ok now. Please et a professional examine you.

Thank YOU!! I don't know if you will read this I know it has been over a year since your post. I started menstration at age 9. I am now 30. Every time I have a "cycle" I do this. It is just as heavy rectally as vaginally. I have 2 wear 2 pads at a time. It wasn't until about age 25 when watching a tampon commercial that it dawned on me that it was not normal--I know duh! My first 2 gyno's looked at me like I was from another planet when I told them. My current doc has tried to find out why by referring me for a colonoscopy(which will get done in the next month) I also have no regular cycle. I can bleed for a year straight or not bleed for a year straight (I have done both). Birth control no longer works for regulating my periods. I have had 2 exploratory surgeries and I do have PCOS. I read somewhere that it could be endometriosis and you can have that anywhere in your body.