Hi, I'm 30 years old and I think that I'm pregnant. My husband and I have been trying to get a baby for a year now without success. I have been experiencing common symptoms of pregnancy but what got me worried is that approximately 12 days after my ovulation I got a bleeding that lasted four days. I have heard about the implantation and bleeding caused by the implantation but this seems to be a real menstruation. Does implantation bleeding take this long and how can I know if I'm pregnant or not?

Implantation bleeding is a normal occurrence that happens in about 1/3 of all women. In some cases implantation bleeding is insignificant and goes unnoticed, sometimes it is noticeable but it is weaker than the normal menstruation so it is easily recognized as implantation bleeding. In some cases, however, implantation bleeding can be the same as menstruation bleeding so it imitates menstruation making women believe that they had a menstruation and that they are not pregnant. It can be either way in your case, but if you had common symptoms of pregnancy like nausea and morning sickness the pregnancy is more probable than menstruation. To be certain if you’re pregnant or not you could take one of the home pregnancy tests, they are very accurate, or consult your gynecologist. Wishing you all the best and let us know what happened if you are or aren’t pregnant.

How light or heavy was the bleeding you had?

An implantation bleeding usually takes place between seven and 12 days after conception/ovulation, so the timing is right for this to be an implantation bleeding, but it could also have been a period. An implantation bleeding typically doesn't last longer than a day or two though all women are different and it can last longer, and it's made up of darker, old blood rather than the brighter blood and tissues you will see during menstruation. If your bleeding was more like a typical period, that's likely what you had. 

You can know whether this was an implantation bleeding or period by taking a home pregnancy test. :)

I am 18 yrs old. I have been having a normal period for the last year. My last period was on Dec. 27, 06 to Jan. 1, 07....about a week later, on Jan.9,07 I noticed "spotting" ,light pink and brown mucus when I wiped after using the bathroom. It was this way on the 10th too. Now on the 11th of Jan. I started with a real heavy flow with blood clots. I have to change a pad every hour(I'm scared to stick a tampon up there). I have unprotected sex and I do get cum in me more often than not...could this be a sign of the beginning of an abnormal pregnancy. If you have experienced this or know anything about it, it sure will ease my mind...Thank you!

ive had almost the same thing, and i dont know what to do and i dont know what it is.. my story is though that my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex while i was about 3 days into my period (i only have it for about 4-5 days normally) and the days before we had sex my period was extremely light. after we has sex, it was extremely heavy.. up to the point where it completely went through a tampon within four hours (i never get my period this heavy). does anyone know what this could mean, like could i be pregnant?

Well here is my thing. So usually (as in the last 6 months) my period has been around in the late 20’s, 23,21,22,25, so on and so forth… then in febuary, I started the 9th… I was a bit shocked, not too surprised, had a normal period that lasted til about the 15th slept with my boyfriend the 17th (I believe), so here it is, the 23rd and I see a spot of blood, its been a couple of hours, (of me freaking out over a period 3 times with in almost 34 days) and there is no more blood…. Does any one have advice for me? Please?

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I am wondering if I could be pregnant. I spotted (very light pink) before my period. I usually have a period every 27 days. I got it on the 28th day but it was very light and lasted for a day and a half. I spotted several times after my period (it was a brownish color when I wiped or at times on my underwear). I am still having headaches which are persistent (12 days so far) as well as cramping and achy and tingly breasts. I have no desire to eat chocolates or sweets, which was normal for me. I took a pregnancy test which was negative. I went to my doctor and told him my symptoms. He ordered a blood test to see if I am indeed pregnant. My period is due on Mar. 22 but I am not getting the pms of my breasts, they are normally really heavy and achy when I get up or am active. Did any one have these symptoms and were indeed pregnant?

WOndering what happened at the Dr? ARe you pregnant? Every single thing you wrote is whats happening to me this month...almost to the day! Please let me know what happened. I have an appt w/GP next wed to see whats up with me!!!!

Any updates on anybody???! I really want to know!

just before my period was due i had a pinky discharge and slight spotting for 2 days, then it was like a light period, but still pinky at times. is that normal? i took a pregnancy test before my bleed and 2 days into it, both were negative. but i've been feeling tired, quite sick and turning down most food. could i be pregnant? or should i trust the home pregnancy test? anybody have clue?

I think I'm pregnant, in fact, I hope I am. I started out just feeling crampy and a little sick to my stomach with sensitive boobs. Then 4 days ago, I started spotting. I took a pregnancy test but it was negative. The spotting started out light pink then brown. Then yesterday it got red and today it was a lot heavier and still red. I know it isn't my period because I'm not supposed to start for another week. I just want to know if anyone else has had heavy possible implantation bleeding.

Everything you said has been happening to me. The exact same way. It started out as a light spotting, then it got heavier, but i also feel pregnant.

The same thing is happening with me right now. My chest started to get enlarged about a week ago. I was due for my period a week from today, and I started random bleeding yesterday and today. It is not heavy like it usually is by now, but I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago that came back negative. I feel pregnant, and I hope I am, but I'm confused.
I had a miscarriage in February, and that time there was no doubt in my mind I was pregnant. This time, it's different, and I am wondering if I am or not....
HELP!!!

About 4 nights ago I had a very light pink discharge on my toilet paper. The next morning there was very brown mucus on the tissue. My period always starts off heavy and then gets lighter. In this case it's very light, I barely need to use a tampon. It got a little heavier last night and then lighter the next morning with some of that jelly clot looking stuff. However, I havent seen anymore brown discharge, only pink and some red. I've been having cramps too. I'm not sure if this is implantation bleeding or my period. If it is my period then it's quit a strange one. PLEASE help! Has anyone experienced implantation bleeding like mine!? %-)

the implantation thing is iffy. It seems a bit confusing as well. maybe somebody out there knows a whole lot more about it....can you please explain...thanks.