Hello everyone. I just recently decided that i wanted to get pregnant. I really don't keep track of my menstruation i just know that when it comes, it comes. I've never been on the pill or any other stuff. I just recently started having sex. My first time was the 25th of dec (i had unprotected sex). I was hoping that i would get pregnant on my first time but was very disappointed when 3 days later i got my period. On the 16th, 17th, 18th, and 20th of December i had unprotected sex with my husband again. In the morning of January 2nd i started having some light cramping it felt as if i was going to get my period sometime later on that day but i didn't. This light cramping would come and go and it also occured the following day. My breasts would only hurt when touched and it was just mainly my nipples. On the 4th of January i noticed that i was bleeding when i wiped myself while going to the bathroom. At first it was very light then it got a little heavier (enough for a pad) and then it was light again. It remained that way for a couple of hours. The next day it was heavy and looked like my period only that it wasn't as heavy as my period would usually be but still quite heavy. So far i've had no cramping. Today is January 6th and it's still remained that way. While doing some research on implantation bleeding, most of it explains that implantation bleeding is not like a period. I've read that it's very light pinkish or brown (old blood) discharge but that it is not as heavy as a normal period would usually be. On the other hand i've read in forums from different females that when they experienced implantation bleeding it in fact tricked them because it was heavy bleeding which looked like a period. So now i'm really confused. I have none of the pregnancy symptoms and i took a pregnancy test on the 29th of dec which turned out negative. I was hoping that what i'm experiencing is implantation bleeding since i desperately want to conceive. Can anyone please help?

Oh, that's difficult! Nearly all women who have tried to conceive before have experience with wondering whether the bleeding they had was an implantation bleeding or period, and it is not always clear-cut — especially if you are not really sure when your period is due!

You're right, implantation bleeding is usually very light, doesn't last longer than two days, and it's usually not heavy enough to fill or need a pad at all. I think I had one during one of my pregnancies, and I say "think" because it was literally a spot of brown on my toilet paper. All women are different, though. When in doubt, always take a home pregnancy test. And keep track of your periods from now on if you are not pregnant. 

I'm going thru the similar situation. Me and hubby had sex on Dec. 26., 28, 29, and 30. My AF was expected this week on Jan.8. On Jan 5 thru 7, ive had a weird experience diarrhea, stomach pains, and nausea. On the 8th, I notice a brownish color blood when I wipe. I've been that way until today. Notice a pinkish color too. I also did ept but came out negative. So you are not alone. I've googled and search but nothing helpful. Just confusing. Don't want to get my hopes up.

Me too. I only recently began having sex too as I decided I wanted a baby. Unfortunately I do not enjoy sex but that's another story. Anyway, I had unprotected sex roughly 2 weeks ago. a couple of days ago I began experiencing unusual stomach pain, tiredness, dizziness, nausea and I always had to urinate. I thought for sure I was pregnant because I have never felt like this before but then yesterday there was a reddish/brown discharge. A little bit later that afternoon there was some pink blood/red blood but only a small amount until very late that night when i began menstruating. I am not sure if what is happening now is my period as it is not as heavy as I usually am but its not "light spotting" anymore either. Could it be implantation bleeding or something other than my period? I really want to be pregnant and my hopes were so high because I still feel the strange cramps in my stomach. They dont hurt they just feel different.

hi everyone!
im going through a similar situation such as you all were, so i am hoping you all can help me! About, 2 days ago, i started having a reddish brownish color discharge, only visible when i wipe, ( like when going to the bathroom). I am a little worried that I may be pregnant because I have had unprotected sex since my last menstruation which was July 26th, 2008.. However, the next morning I was relieved to see that it seemed as if i had gotten my period, it was heavier and seemed to be like a normal period... however the cramping was extremely intense and today (2nd day of bleeding) my "period" seems to have stopped completely, only a light pinkish color that is not even visible on my pads, but only shows up when I wipe. Ive had nausea, cramping, dizziness, headaches, breast tenderness, etc. for about 2 weeks now and am wondering if I am pregnant. any help please?! I should also say that my periods are very regular and I am at a 28 day cycle. My period is due August 24th.. So I was surprised to see signs of bleeding on the 25th day. Is this implantation bleeding or am I experiencing just a weird period?! Please help!!

I am going through the same thing as you guys are!! my period was suppose to come on the 12th november 2oo8......i was experiencing cramping dizziness nauseas tired all the time and hungry like crazy!! Today I started to have bleeding down there its light...not like my regular period...but i dont know im confused I took a pregnancy test this morning but it came out negative.....we are trying to conceive!! I hope I am pregnant!! CAn someone help!! Is it implantation bleeding or my period!! I am going to the Gynecologist on weds!

Hi. I am having some bleeding and was wondering if I could be pregnant. I have been off of bc since February. I was 5 days late for my period so I took a hpt it was negative. I had been having some cramps and also sore breast nausea a little light headed and have been urinating more then often. Today I started having some bleeding it's been red and brown. No clots with bleeding. Ive never had nausea or had to urinate alot with a normal period. My periods were bound to be irregular from stopping my bc but was wondering if this could be implantation bleeding? It's not as heavy as my normal period but enough to fill a tampon? If anyone has any answers it would be greatly appreciated!!:)

You just might be pregnant . My period was 3 days late and on the first day I had mild cramps with a light flow , the second day medium , it was a dark reddish-brownish . The 3rd day was very light. . My normal periods usually last up to 6-7 days but it really lasted 3 with brown discharge. I heard women can bleed during pregnancy and its completely normal :-) I'm also having a lot of the symptoms.

it seems nobody ever gives any answers as to what the issue might be on all these posts about irregular periods... You guys just give your own story about what's going on. We need answers, not stories...

I was supposed to start my period the week of the 21st of january 2013. It did not come. So, i took 5 pregnancy tests throughout the past week and a half, and they all have said negative on being pregnant. I have had a yellowish discharge with white, clumpy discharge as well. This, from what i've looked up, has to be a yeast infection. So i bought monistat and will be beginning to use it tonight. Though, when i went to take a poo earlier after eating mexican food, when i wiped my vagina after urinating, there was blood on the toilet paper. i wiped a couple more times and there was still blood. i then grabbed a qtip and stuck it up in there, it came out bloody. Grabbed another qtip, and it also came out bloody......... the only problem is, there is barely any discharge on my pad at all.

Keep in mind, that i'm 20 years old, and usually have fairly regular periods. I have been late before (when i was not sexually active), but this time, since i have been sexually active since graduating high school, it's worrying me.

It could be implantation bleeding... I am waiting to find out if Im.pregnant thru a blood test, but im pretty sure I am. My period was 5 days late before I started spotting on Friday & saturday, just very lightly & only when I wiped.. then sunday it got heavier & i would have to wipe 2-3 times, I only bled enough to hit a pad a few times & it was a small amount, i also had some small blood clots last night. My bleeding has begun to slow down a bit today, but i researched implantation bleeding & i have all the symptoms for it. Good luck to those hoping for a baby!

If u could be pregnant or are trying to get pregnant u shouldnt use a tampon. You should only be using pads. My husband & I have been trying to get pregnant for a while & I have done alot of research.. I can't remember the underlining reason why but u shouldnt use them berore or during prego. Also, it is quite common to get a false negative if u dont have enough hormones built up in ur body yet to be detected. HP tests require a high % of hormones in ur body to work effecitly. So wait about 5 days after getting the negative result & test again & be sure to test in the morning thats when ur hormones are at their peak!

<3

Having the same problem, I am not supposed to start my period until Monday Feb, 25,2013 

but my bleeding is almost PERIOD-LIKE except the cramps are not here, the bleeding is DARK RED with a mixture of brown. 

I still have that feeling I am pregnant and the nausea and sore breast, and totally frequent urination. And the strange craving for mushroom pizza ??

i called my doctor to see what's going on, I should be getting a call here soon.

but ALOT of sites say you CAN have a heavy period like flow and still be pregnant, if you take a hpt before it is I time, DOUBLE LOOK FOR ANY FAINT POSITIVES!!  I had one last night. Going to retest again today. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU !!! 

May baby dust be floating all around you and stick to you like glue :) 

i was 4 days late on my period and the next day i had some spotting and have had that for three days but now stopped and now had some mucus with a pink tint to it could it have been implantation or could i be pregnant. thanks

IWANT PREGNANT