Hi

I am 28 years old married female. After marriage my periods became irregular on consulting found out there was a complex ovarian cyst on right ovary. this cyst dissolved on its own by accupressure therapy but last scan showed I HAD polycystic ovaries .

I did not had periods since 26th Jan but NHS wanted to check the fallopian tubes, therefore they performed HCG after the urine preganancy test. After this test on 5th June I started bleeding. Doctor said the result of the test was perfect but may be the test triggered my periods. I was told to expect the periods to be heavy and atleast for 10 days as it was after long time. But I am still bleeding today 8th July it is too long. In between I had to go to emergency as I was bleeding excessively (had to change pads every ten minutes. big clots came together) A&E prescribed me Tranexamic Acid both times. But still I am bleeding now my GP has givem me Provera..
I don't know what this is.. Can anybody help me

I am on provera too. I had heavy bleeding with alot of clotting for two weeks and my ob/gyn told me its due to hormonal imbalance. I also have PCOS which was diagnosed about a month ago.

The bleeding stopped after I took the provera. :-D Provera is a birth control pill. There are alot of conditions where provera is used and one of them is abnormal uterine bleeding. My ob/gyn told me to expect some bleeding but haven't bleed since I started three days ago.
I hope this will help you

:$ Does PCOS ever go away i have it and i relly want to have a baby but that birth control pill does not help plus i cant afford to see a OBGYN. but will i ever become pregnant and will my 45 day period ever stop?

PCOS does not go away but it may worsen and then ease as a cycle. If you can't afford to see an OBGYN for routine follow up care for oral contraceptives then you should not change your medication regimen or become pregnant.

I just found out today I have PCOS and it all makes sens now since I have had heavy, ridiculous periods since I was 13 and now I am 32. I really hope you can have babies and I hope I can too.....I don't think it goes away, but it can balance out after menopause...

Hi! I am 22 years old and was just diagnoised with PCOS about 2 weeks ago. I started my periods when I was 9 and was irregular my whole life. I could go 2 or 3 months without bleeding and be fine. When I got married and became sexually active my period became irregular. I started Yaz! in January 2008 and stopped taking Yaz! the end of May 2009. I didnt bleed for over a year and gained about 50 pounds. I started bleeding again in August 2010. I thought they were my periods and they were relatively normal and regular, one in July, about 28 days later I bled again and so on until the end of October. I went to the ER with severe abdominal pain. A CT Scan showed nothing unusual but that my ovaries were swollen like they were about to ovulate. About 2 days later I started bleeding and the pain was relieved. After that I would spot at least 2-3 times a week. I was lucky not to be spotting in the month of December and in January I am still bleeding EVERYDAY! I was put on Prometrium 1/11/11 and it was a ten day pill. I finished my prescription on Sunday and have the flow of blood has been heavier ever since. I feel like I am about to explode in my mid section. I feel like I am hemmoraging. Is there any way to show that excessive bleeding with a bunch of blood clots is a cause of PCOS? I had an ultrasound on the 14th of January and I was told everything was normal. Can cysts develop and rupture that quickly? Do they cause a lot of blood clots? I am worried about myself! My marriage is suffering from this excessive bleeding and I feel like c**p everyday. Please help!

I was on the depo shot which caused me to have my period for 7 months straight until i began th epill birth control, once i stopped taking those i didn't have a period for about 6 months. I started again and had it for 2 months straight itstopped for two weeks then began again once i began taking birth control and it has yet to die down. What are signsof PCos? i have horrible cramps that feel come and go like contractions. and my menstrual cycle is very very heavy. This is horrible and no doctors seem to think it is abnormal. Im tired of being crazy and hormonal constantly. HELP!

i just researched prometrium online and it says that ur not supposed to take it if u have vaginal bleeding of unknown cause...

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 6 months without any luck. We knew it was a little too early to seek infertility treatment since I am 33 and he is 37. However, we were glad that we did because the OB/GYN found my left ovary to have PCOS. My husband on the other hand is fine. So now we know the problem lies with me and although it is not impossible for me to get pregnant, the OB/GYN said it would be more difficult to do so unless I have to go on medications (i.e. Clomid). Unfortunately, I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil (1000mg daily) for PMS symptoms and Ginkgo Biloba (also daily) for memory, for many years, without knowing that these products can affect fertility! According to her, these products can cause an increased level in estrogen, which thickens the lining, and an embryo can't implant if the lining is too thick. In addition to suspected hormone imbalance, she also found a pea sized cervical polyp during pelvic exam, which can block my husband's swimmers from getting into the uterus. I guess we would not have known all these if we had not gone for a fertility checkup so I strongly suggest a visit to your OB/GYN if you have been trying for a long time without success.

My name is Jessie. I have had extremely painful menstrual cycles since the begging at 12. They used to be only 4 days long but were painful enough to put me on the ground worshiping a bottle of ibuprofen. They have always been irregular. Sometimes i would have two in a month or not have one for a whole month. About two years ago my doctor put me on Yasmin to help regulate them. It worked, for the first month i had a less painful one week period. After the the first month my periods stayed at a week instead of just 4 days but the pain returned. I met my fiance on July 4th of 2010. After about two months together i lost my insurance and with it my ability to continue the Yasmin. We started to use condoms but i soon stopped that as i think i am allergic to them and they make sex painful. We will be married on June 10th 2011 and i have not been using any contraceptives for over nine months now. I am young and healthy and so is he but i am concerned because he has two beautiful daughters with his first wife and they conceived quickly and quit be accident(hence the marriage) but i have yet to conceive. My period has been coming on the 28th of every month since the Yasmin and after quiting it it returned to 4 days but kept the regularity. But in late march it began to change. I was three days early in March. In May I started my period 10 days early and some of the worse pain i had ever been in came with it. Th bleeding was insane. I bled more in five min in the bathroom than i normally do through out a full menstrual cycle. I lay in bed all day slipping in and out of sleep trying to combat the pain. Around 9:30-10 my fiance showed up from work(I guess i called him though i do not remember it) and took me to the ER. I was feeling particularly bad and had been forced to use a pad because a tampon hurt to bad. The ER nurse was a(word i should not use that starts with a large B) She took one look at me with my extreme abdominal and lower back pain and labeled me a I quote( Loose woman who has many partners and no morals) she told my fiance to protect himself against me because i had PID caused by a STD. I was in intense pain and seeing the pain on his face because he thought he had some how put me in pain only made it worse. The nurse then proceeded to tell my i would soon be infertile because (PID does it to almost every person who comes by it) The lady did an incomplete pelvic exam and took swab cultures. They took no other test other that a UTI which came back negative. After taking the weeks worth of antibiotics they had given me and living out of the bottle of lortab to function i was still on pain. With the antibiotics gone and the pain not i went to see my soon to be sister in laws OB/GYN. The doctor was fast and standoffish but he told me more in five min than i had learned in the full three hours in the ER and the week to fallow. The Doctor told me i did not have the symptoms of PID but he would wait for my cultures from the ER to be sure and would contact me with the results. After almost another week i took the long trip over the mountain from where i live now to get to the doctor i had been seeing since age six. The doctors at CVMC told me they did not think i had PID but they would look at the cultures to be sure. Turns out my cultures are not to be found. The ER had some how misplaced my results. My doctor at CVMC told me he thought that one of two things had happened. #1 my uterus wall had detached and attached to something else in the region like the inside of my stomach wall or my colon or urinary tract which could be why i had been getting constant UTIs in the past few months. #2 A large blood blister/cyst had formed at the entrance to my fallopian tube and had grown to close it and could have possibly bust. He prescribed me ibuprofen for the pain and a stronger med for if the pain got out of hand told be he would send a fax the the ER closer the home and order a vaginal Ultrasound to check his ideas. It was the most progress since this had all started and he had told me that if it was PID to calm down and not worry so much. He told me Infertility is normally only caused when PID is not properly cured or is not treated in a reasonable amount of time. But now here i am its now may 20th(past the 18th with no sign of bleeding) I have not been called or contacted by any doctor in weeks and the Vaginal ultrasound is still not complete. I am still in pain and even after i calling my doctor and the ER i am not getting any answers. I love children and want one more than anything. I am only 18 and i know most of you are asking what the hell am i do getting married and worrying about children at that age but iv been through all the arguments, rumors, looks, and lack of support. You Probably did not want my life story but all i want is for someone to help me stop the pain. My family are either very religious and do not approve have other ideas of which i do not approve and the doctors have failed yet again. If there is anyone out there who has any advice please let me know. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Thank You,

Jessie

@Mal.
I'm 27, and was diagnosd with PCOS 2 years ago.  I haven't been on any medication for about a year 1/2 and it seemed my periods were balancing out on their own. On Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, on the 7th day of my period, I started bleeding so heavily I also went to the ER. I was saturating pads within 15 minutes or less and had HUGE blood clots... one was removed from around my cervix. I'm waiting to see a gyno on Monday... but I have a feeling it has something to do with PCOS.  I am so sorry women go through this.. my life is suffering as well... and it is hard to stay positive or focus on other tasks when your health is in question. 
I am constantly wondering what causes PCOS... is it an environmental influence?  I live in the NW..is it more common here?  I also have TMJ disorder... how many women diagnosed with PCOS have that as well?

Hi I am 27 iv been bleeding now for awhole year 7day on7 days of iv been to the doctors they took blood tests they came back normal I wnt for a scan that came back normal I get back ach I'm tired I lose pea sized clots and disharge on the days I am not on I have not had a smear test because the docto says I must be of for 10. Days I'm scared I might be ill and not no

Hi Caitlyn! Me too. I have PCOS and TMJ at tge same time. I cry everyday and ask why. Some say I need to lose weight and some say I have to take pills. I havent tried because Im losing hope. Im not trying to get pregnant but I want to get rid of this. Im still bleeding since March 5 until now July 24. scary but cant afford to visit OBGYN. Please help guys!

ask your doctor about metformin it changes my life i take it twiced a day and have regular periods now without the birth controll hormones and i've had pcod my for over 30 yes 30 years why nobody suggested this soon I'll never know but it's changed my life!

Hi, I have just been diagnosed with pcos recently this week due to having an extremely long period, which by the way I am on day 26 of bleeding, the dr gave me metformin, and I am just curious on how long will it actually spot my bleeding and start getting regular periods?