I am 35, never been pregnant and usually have light and regualr periods. Hoping I was pregnant my period came like clockwork. However, the bleeding has been thin, bright red blood for three days and heavy. My stomach cramps are so severe that I have not been able to sleep and considered going to A&E. I am suffering from a constant headache and my tempreture is raised. I feel tired and slightly depressed. I am bloated and constipated, pushing hard to pass a stool and have taken fybogel to help releave the symptoms. I am extremely worried and would appreciate your advice. I am not a heavy drinker and do not take drugs and take my diet seriously.

I am 30. Trying to get pregnant I was happy to experience cramping and very tender breasts. Then on day 16 after "conception" (if so) I got my 'period' which was very strange, bright red blood, very thin, nothing from the uterus lining was visible, no pains, only on the first day. I am confused. Could it be decidual bleeding or just a regular period? (what did those symptoms mean then?). All urinal tests I did were negative. I would appreciate any advice.

I read your story about painful periods. Mine is pretty much the same if not worse.

I always had big periods with lots of pain but I could get through them with lots of over the counter meds. Then about 2 years ago one day I woke up with one huge cramp so excrutiating that all I could think of is that I have to get to the emergency room because I cannot breathe any more. The pain spread from my stomach down all the way to my kidneys then up my back muscles. The next day my period started.

That pain has started a 6-8 months long struggle with constant cramps. It would get better for a couple of days but then start again at ovulation and then again at period. The pain was not just cramps (charlie horse type stomach cramps) but also a clawing pain in my stomach day after day after day. Over the counter meds did not help at all I went through bottles of them in days. At some point I actually took Vicodine I had at home, but even that did not help. The Midol they advertise for pain actually makes it MUCH worse.

Finally fall '06 I ended up in the emergency room one day (pain along with vomiting and diarrea) where they told me that I have IBS. I just could not believe that they dismissed me with that. It could be IBS but IBS is a symptom here for something else and not the root cause. - I got antispasm medicine that was working for a while.

I am at the point that my life is spinning around my period and I think I am going to go crazy. Once it is gone I have about 4-5 days of break before I begin to feel my ovulation. That lasts for about 1 week, then I have about another short week of break before I begin to embrace for my period. I begin to feel small cramps for about 2-3 weeks before my period slowly begins to start. Even though I have these little cramps they last so long that I don't even know when my period is going to start.

I also did sonograms, x-rays with that beryllium stuff - nothing showed not even cysts. At this point I am thinking endometriosis but can that erally affect as far up as my esophagus and down to my kidneys??? hard to believe and doctors seem to just dismiss me as a whiner.

Finally after the antispasm medicines I had to deal with the pain only around my period. But now it is getting worse again and even the antispasms do not work. I am dreading every month and I am regulary missing work. For about 3 months now the pain has been excrutiating again. My morning pills right now: 2 extra strength tylenol, 2 antispasm, 1 waterpill, 1 Prilosec. It lasts until I get to work, and then I have to take 2 extra strength tylenol, 2 antispasms every 2-3 hours to at least to tell myself that I have done everything I can to ease the pain. But they do not do much any more. The cramps tend to come on every couple of minutes and then all my muscles and internal organs seem to pull into one huge cramp that holds for about a minute, while I cannot even breathe then slowly releases.

Sorry about my rant I just really need to tell about it to someone and believe I am not just imagining all this.....can anyone give me some pointers?

have you been tested for endometriosis? I don't know much about it, but apparently some of the lining from your uterus gets spread around your other organs, causing severe pain and cramps which aren't limited to your actual cycle.

In addition to being checked for endometriosis, you might want to be checked for adenomiosis. This can cause extreme pain and a heavier menstrual cycle and can only be diagnosed through a lapiroscopy (spelling probably wrong). I have been diagnosed with this and it is similar to endometriosis except that the endometrium embed into the surrounding muscles of the uterus. Everytime you have a period, your muscles bleed too. At least that is how my doctor explained it. It progressively gets worse and the only thing that will help once the pain has reached an unbearable limit is a hysterectomy.

hi im 14 years old.. and i have very bad cramps and bright red blood... sometimes i hurt so bad i get into a fetal position... no medicine seems to help.....some of my friends have tried BIRTH CONTROL and seems to help them.... my mom wont let me take it... so... i suffer through mine..:(

BC help you to have less frequent periods and to not a have cramps... i hope that this might help... idk.... good luck...

in the last 2 years I have had endometrial ablation my tubes cauterized, i had an internal ultra sound, regular ultra sound , ct scan... lots of blood tests but, to my suprize nothing is wrong with me? other than for 1 week out of every month for the last year I have severe shooting pains in my abdomin during my period. i get constipated , it hurts my stomach to urinate, I can't eat a lot well because i have no desire to, it's hard to work and take care of my family and, i am exhausted with a slight depression thing happening. i am only 34 and knowbody seems to think anything can be done about my pain other than heavily medicating me. i feel very depressed and tired today because of this pain and all the pain killers in the world don't change that fact that I need help. does anyone else have these symptoms? when the week is over i am actually a very healthy woman...it just goes away ...

About 3 months ago, I would get unbearable stomach cramps (not to be confused with menstrual cramps, I know where the pain is coming from). It would start before my period and now it has progressed to the last 3 days of my cycle.

Sucking on a mint or candy only makes it worse. It almost feels like I haven't eaten in weeks but I can eat and I still get these cramps. I don't eat and I get the same effect. I am trying to get my Bachelors Degree and I end up missing almost a week out of each month because the pain is so severe I am limited in my movement in fear that the cramps will cause me to have a car accident (no busses near me).

I have taken ibuprofen and robax hoping it would help my stomach muscles relax. Only thing the robax does is makes me very very tired and then I am sleeping and wake up the the pain. It is NOT IBS because I suffer from that occasionally and know the symptoms. I know I have dysmenorrhea but everything I have read does not include anything about the horrible stomach cramps I get and my doctors cannot find anything and chalk it up to dysmenorrhea.

I am wondering if having my tubes tied at 24 had something to do with this and if I get a tubal reversal maybe this will stop. Anyone out there gone through with a tubal reversal because of menstrual problems?

My husband thinks this is all in my head... I wish he could feel the pain I suffer each month.

(I have dealt with the exact same thing for years. I have been to doctors and pretty much pushed away as it was nothing. I have gone through several birth control methods not for the reason of birth control but for the reason of trying to do something about my periods. I cant really call them monthly's cause they are not. Sometimes I would have a period two or three times a month. And the pain I would encounter yes was pretty much the exact same as you have described. I would miss a lot of work in the past when I had a job. The pain was so sever that my sister would come visit me and find me completely passed out in my apartment. The only thing that would cut my pain just a little so I could walk was two vicadine and that would not really take the pain away it would just ease it a little so I could walk a bit. I try not to take those to often though cause I get one of the side effects which cause you to itch all over. But I decided that id rather itch all over than be constantly passing out through out the day.

The over the counter drugs wouldn't even touch it. Not even that crappy mydol stuff.

Finally I went to the doc and they talked me into getting the depro shot. Worst damn thing I have ever done. Ya it got rid of my period and my cramps but many other problems have started to accure. Now I am dealing with even stranger periods. Plus hot flashes needless to say my symptoms are as if I am going through menopause and I am only 29. I have spoke to my sister about this shot she said it will take a year to get out of my system. (don't get on the shot.) Anyways so now I have to deal with the pain which is back along with all the side effect of the shot which I will list.

Side Effects: (I get almost all of them)

irregular menstrual bleeding - My period use to be long at least 7 days full blown cramps with dark color; Now they are maybe 3 days bright color blood is thin and lots of it. I will go period free for about maybe a week then it starts again

Headaches - I get headaches almost every single day. I have to go to my room close my blinds and lay on my bed with no light or sound

Nervousness - constant

Abdominal cramps - different from what I had before but they are still brutal

Dizziness - not every day but it comes and goes not the greatest feeling

Weakness or Fatigue - This part sucks I work outside love it, now I go outside and only can do about an hours work and I feel like I have been up for weeks Legs get week as well.

Leg Cramps - The only leg cramps I use to get was the ones that came with my period cramps. now I get leg cramps a lot more and they are like leg Charley horse

Nausea - I get this a lot more than I use to. I would get this when I was on my period before I started the shot and only at that time Now half way through the day for no reason I will get this feeling and it gets bad.

vaginal discharge - never had a problem till this shot started

Bloating. Backaches, Depression Insomnia, Acne (had this before been fighting it since I was younger now it is worse)

Pelvic Pain, join pains and last

Hot flashes. - holy cow I mean I could handle the weather here in Texas it would get over 100 I was just fine now if it get anywhere near 100 i sweat so much i look like i just took a shower and feel extremely over heated. I use to never like the air conditioner now I pretty much sit right under the vent and wont move..

My main point of writing this is mainly cause I thought for the longest time I was the only one that was dealing with this horrible pain during my periods but I am not. Now I am in hopes of finding someone that is in the same boat but knows what is causing it.(I don't wish this sort of pain on anyone not even my worst enemy!!!) I am tired of going to doctors only to hear ohh its just your hormones you'll grow out of it. Or its just a little pain nothing to worry about.

Well I am tired of passing out, I am tired of the pain going down into my legs and chest area and me feeling like i can not breath. I now live with my parents the whole passing out in my apartment and not knowing when i will wake is kinda a spooky thing. I have been told by friends and family that I might have Endometriosis but I am unable to get a Doctor to test for it. So in hopes of reply to your post and in hope of posting this someone will have gone through this and found out an answer to taking care of it?? I hope.

I wish everyone the best of luck if figuring this or there own period problems out. I am not about to give up on trying to get this taken care of. The doctors wont give me what I want but I will keep trying.)

(Since I was 20 I have been trying to get a hysterectomy I am told by the docs you will decide later on in life you want a kid. Well docs I am 29 and I still don't want kids. I love them critter (that is not meant rude) but I just dont want any.)

I have the same exact way with my period, and i am only 15 years old. I have been this way for about three years and finally went to the doctor and they put me on medication to help with the pain and stuff like that. It might help you too. I know it sucks. At least you dont have to go to school feeling like that for two weeks.

My advice is do not take ibuprofen. I've been suffering with really bad stomach pains for quite some months now. I take propranolol for migraines also, which is a betablocker. Ibuprofen is known to upset your stomach even further. I find the only thing that tends to help is soluble paracetamol & codeine. Also, buscopan can help with stomach cramps. I've also been diagnosed with IBS, doctors seem to think that they're helping you by just diagnosing you with a certain problem, but don't give you a solution. Peppermint tablets really do help, and my contraceptive pill has been changed, however, now I'm suffering with worse period pains (backache especially), but the upset stomach seems to have calmed somewhat. My periods are suddenly also very heavy, but I'd take this over the upset stomach I was having anyday.

Hi...I have exactly the same and the bloating is starting to get really uncomfortable. This period is also really heavy, painfull and bright red. Wondered if you have been diagnosed or if it has cleared up. I am 19. Thanks

even i have a lot of problem during my periods .. the pain starts 10 days before and it worsens during my periods.. i get headache , pain in my thighs , lower back pain , i get irritated more during that time and i can't eat properly .. i am taking mefthal spasmindon .. it used to work initially ( its been over 4 years since i am taking this tablet) , now my body is so used to this now that it doesn't have any effect ..i got to tell u onething if any of u decide to take this , please have a lot of food before taking this tablet , because it induces tons and tons of acidity .. go to the doctor and on their advice take this tablet.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! It is not in your head as I suffer from most of the same. I have always had irregular periods since puberty, I used birth control which did nothing for me, when the shot was introduced I started using it and got the same effect. I have always had a high sexual drive and pregnancy only intensified that more. Unfortunately I was very ill during my first pregnancy I almost miscarried several times. I developed a polyp at the tip of my cervix's but because of risk it was safer to let it grow until it fell off or until the pregnancy was over. It did fall off but I then developed preeclampsia and had to deliver early. I was 22 at the time. After the pregnancy they told me I would never get pregnant again because my uterus had turned side was and my cervix had positioned its self in such a way that made it almost impossible. They said I could correct it with surgery if it did not correct its self. I lost my insurance shortly after and never went back but I did end up pregnant again and only 9 months after my first child's birth. I was healthy during that pregnancy and after. I had a tubal about 6 months after that when I was 24. My periods were regular for the first time in my life after that, my periods were lighter and only lasted 3 days with 2 days of spotting. My cramps disappeared entirely and with it my sex drive. It didn't just decrease it disappeared altogether and has been gone up until this past March, and I am now 28. My sex drive went through the roof in March and has been since which is great, but since I have had horrible mood swings, pressure when I urinate and the feeling like I need to urinate but can't. I also have a tingling sensation when I do urinate that feels close to that of climax during intercourse yet painful in its own way. My periods have gotten horrible I started nearly a week early last month it lasted an entire week and I spotted bright red days before and days after. The same was true for this month yet it was nearly two weeks early leaving very little time between yet I still have a high sex drive except it hurts to have intercourse. I am bloated beyond belief. The "spotting" has no uterus lining in it at all, it is bright red and it isn't just when I wipe. When It "squirts out into the toilet while I urinate it also has a strong odor, I mean like blood from a cut smells not the normal stuff. (apologizing for the graphic necessity but I am desperate for an revelation to what this might be) I haven't changed anything in my diet and there are no contributing stress factors that play a part. I'm exhausted all the time and I shouldn't be. I have had my gallbladder removed so I am familiar to what gastronomic pains feel like and act like and this isn't it. Help please?

HI, AAw, I really cannot believe that so many people on here have had these symptoms and appear still not to be sorted out. If anyone has now established the answers, then please do let me know.

I have bright red bleeding for 3 weeks etc or 1 week then and break then back on a week later etc the pelvic back pain is so severe I cannot walk, talk or hardly breath. The pain all the time prior t periods and following are cramps and contraction type pain all over the abdomen, from lower stomach to top to just under ribs to back to shoulders; with leg cramp only just started and feeling of weekness etc I am not over tied though and dont sufer many headaches but do seem to be constantly on pills. Just seen my gnyocologist privately, yesterday who seems to think it is either endemetriosis or the adomenosis, but needs to perform a ultrasound scan and internal pelvic scan Thursday to make sure.

I already had a baloon ablation for endemetriosis some 6 years ago; which worked for 6 years. I understand both of these symptoms can initially be treated with medication, however, the longterm prospect is that a hysterectomy is the only option to get rid of the symptoms for ever; I am 48 and have 3 lovely children by ceasarean section (which may haved helped to cause this problem anyway), I have also been sterialised; so really I dont have much going for me, apart from a hysterectomy really I dont think but if anyone thinks different then please advise.

I symphasize with everyone witth these symptoms, as you just cant live a normal life without feeling, sick, bloated, fat, orrible, unwell, sweaty and dirty and very uncomfortable; I even get panic attacks over them and I only just go remarried back in July!!!!!!!!!! happy days eh...

I have so much wind too................