I am interested in muscle relaxant therapy. I had an operation on my left leg last year. I have pain sensations that sometimes immobile me. I have a lot of rest, but pain is not leaving me. I am not sure that non-steroidals may help me, so I need information about skelaxin. I think that muscle relaxant have to be helpful for me.

Skelaxin is brand name for drug metaxalone. This drug works by blocking nerve impulses on their pathway to brain. It is muscle relaxant and is used along with physical therapy. Talk to your doctor about your pain sensations and ask him to suggest you rehabilitation. Skelaxin may cause drowsiness, so it is recommended not to drive while you are on therapy with skelaxin. Alcohol may increase drowsiness caused by skelaxin. Many other drugs affect Skelaxin and can lead to heavy sedation. So, you should’t use it before you talk to your doctor.