I have bad luck really. I went t the hospital the other day to get my prescription for antidepressant when I got hit by a car! Nothing serious or broken, but my upper right leg muscles snapped. Now I have to lay down and rest just as if I have broken a leg. I also have to take skelaxin for the muscles. I I do not know anything about this med, so I wonder anybody has any skelaxin info?

Skelaxin is actually a muscle relaxant whose effect is the blockage of pain sensations. It is used in physical treatment of skeletal muscles (pain and injuries). Of course, there are always side effects that you should be aware of. More dangerous ones are nausea, pain in stomach, different colors of urine and stool, jaundice. If you experience any of those you should stop taking medication and report to a doctor. There are also mild signs such as headache, dizziness, skin rash and some other; you do not have to stop the therapy because of those, but, nevertheless, see a doctor.

Skelaxin (metaxalone) is used to treat skeletal muscle conditions such as pain or injury. Do not use Skelaxin if you are allergic to metaxalone, or if you have anemia (a lack of red blood cells), or severe kidney or liver disease.