Whenever i get upset I start to shake. I can actually feel my body trembling and I can’t seem to calm down. I feel so uncomfortable then.if doesn’t matter if I am upset about work or my boyfriend or other people and situations. I would like to know what exactly it is making me shake and feel like this.

This is a very good question because there is actually a range of things that happen when we are under stress. Our body reacts by activating the nervous system and some hormones. Hypothalamus is responsible for making the adrenal glands produce more of the hormones adrenaline and cortisol and release them into the bloodstream. These excessive hormones make our heart beat faster, we start to breath faster, our blood pressure rises and metabolism speeds up. Liver also acts by releasing some glucose to increase our energy, blood vessels dilate so that blood could easily flow to large muscles, we sweat to cool the body, etc. this is called stress response when our body responds to handle the pressure. However, we feel bad when our body overacts and response system fails to turn off.