i was wondering what is te medical reason for why pregnant women arer so hungry during pregnancy?

The reason for increased hunger in preganent women is due to changes in hormonal levels and production. These affect the hypothalmus.

The hypothalamus is a complex region in the brain that is involved in many different functions. The hypothalamus is responsible for certain metabolic processes and other activities of the Autonomic Nervous System.

One of the functions of the hypothalamus is control of hunger. Hormones relaeased as a response to pregnancy cause the hypothalmus to issue increased hungar behavior causing the pregnant woman to comsume food in greater quantities to support growth of the fetus.

how long during pregnancy would you always feel hungry?

posible if its just 3 weeks pregnant?

Hello there,

Since the posters above me had explained this phenomenon I believe there is no need to repeat the same thing. I would just like to add that every person is different and sometimes that hunger is not that increased. For example when my sister was pregnant she wasn’t starving all the time and she was eating like she did before she got pregnant.  

This was great because she didn’t get too much weight so it was easier for her to get back into shape after the delivery. Even if you are hungry all the time this doesn’t mean that you should start with overeating and you must be careful to eat healthy food. Increase fluids because this is also important.