I found out that effects of stress could be very scary. I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice on how to increase my resistance to the effects of stress. Also I am interested to know more about health problems related to stress. Thank you.

We can't always avoid stress in our lives. We can reduce the negative effects of stress on the body by eating foods that ensure we provide the nutrients needed both for the stress reaction and for healthy tissue building. The stress response triggers off high levels of the hormones adrenaline and cortisol, so these are produced regardless of the type of stress experienced. These stress hormones use up significant amounts of vitamin C, B-vitamins, magnesium and zinc. they take priority over the body's general use for these nutrients and this means that, for example, vitamin C and zinc are not sufficiently available for collagen production to keep skin clear and to make white blood cells to fend off infections; B-vitamins are not fully available for energy production and mental function; while depleted magnesium will increase the likelihood of headaches and raised blood pressure.