Hi, folks. It seems that I react strangely to caffeine. When I drink coffee, I feel headache, my heart beats faster and my blood pressure rises. Is it possible that I am being sensitive to caffeine? Can this happen? I would appreciate all your tips. Thanks for all your replies. Bye!

Hello. Some people have tendency to react like you do. When they take caffeine, their heart beats faster and stronger. Their blood pressure rises. But this is only for a short period of time. I doubt this is a case of some sensitivity. However, caffeine is a substance and even used like a medication in certain situations. Looked from this point of view, we can say one can be sensitive to caffeine like to any other drug. You can consult with a doctor about this. Bye!

hi i drank 2 red bull sugarfree and a moutain dew for work at 9 and its 1 am now and i cant fall asleep. my eyes were unfocusing and the top of my head had a sharp pulsing pain to it. i am 18 and work in a stressfull place. should i stop using caffeine> help?

Yes, if you are having a negative reaction to something, then you should stop using it. It is very likely that the large consumption of caffeine had a lot to do with the fact that you could not sleep. Some people are more sensitive to caffeine than others. I cannot drink very much caffeine before feeling lightheaded and getting heart palpitations. It also keeps me up at night if I drink it past a certain time. Then there are people like my boyfriend who can drink it right before bedtime and fall asleep with no problem. You should listen to your body to determine what is right for you.