Hi

Im after some advice... ive had the implanon for three years, then had it removed. Didnt have another one in till two months later and now ive had it in for about six months. ive always found the implanon fantastic and has had no side effects.

But now me and my partner is thinking about having a baby and im arranging for it to be taken out soon.

I never got the implanon for contraception, i had it due to heavy and painful bleeding. ive also had unprotected sex with my previous partner in the past and never got pregnant.

im worried that i might not be able to have kids and want to know is there a way this can be tested? Also once the implanon is out, is there any medications that will help me get pregnant?

I really hope someone can give me some advice please?

After three years of being on the Implanon, my husband and i decided to try for baby #2. We did the removal mid September 2011, here it is almost April 2012 and even after our normal routine of making love everyday to every other day we have had no luck. So my question is how long does the implant stay in your system even after it's removed?

Try going on the pill for a couple of months to get back to your normal cycle, then stop taking the pill. It really works. I got off in nov. took the pill til feb and got pregnant in march! Good luck to you both!

I just had my took out the doc told me after you get it took out it only stay in you system for three days and he said it well take 4 to 6 weeks to get prgo