I have been on Implanon for almost 10 years now, however in the last year I have been getting hot flushes, extreme tiredness etc. While some of the symptoms I am experiencing are recorded side effects of implanon, I am also experiencing the symptoms of menopause (they cross over in some places).

As I have not had a proper period in the time I have had implanon (just a bit of brown blood ever six months or so) and combined with the hot flushes, I am concerned that the implant may be causing early menopause. I can't find any information to confirm my suspicians, and I am afraid that I am making this up in my head.

Help please

well i'm sorry to say you were lucky enough to use implanon for ten years, i on the other hand didn't make it a year before my obgyn suspected that i had some sort of cancer down below. This assumption was drawn from irregular bleeding, hot flashes, mood swings and a few other odd ball symptoms. I requested to have my implanon removed but the doc wanted to rule out cancer; so for the next 3 months i went through a battery of uncomfortable, embarassing and at some times very painful tests and procedures. Only for them all to come back to menopause brought on by my implanon. What's even worst i'm 21 years old, I was 20 when the doctor told me i was going through early menopaue and that hopefully by removing this thing from my body i might be able to reverse the side effects. Well a year later i can tell you while i'm on my second period in two 1/2 weeks no its not reversable and i'm not able to have children.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone under the age of 35 especially if you are planning on having children.

I have looked into the side effects of implanon and menopause isn't one of them but i'm finding that more and more women are coming forward asking this question.

I too am questioning whether or not I am experiencing menopause. I had implanon back to back for 9 years - I had it taken out about 6 months ago and only had one slight bleed about 3 weeks after it was taken out. Since I really had no period for most of the time I was using the Implanon, I expected the 'flood gates' to open. But was surprised when my periods did not return. I am 46 years old. I know I am getting to 'the age' but was not expecting it - and am thinking did I cause this from using the implonon!

About a year ago I had a 'free' bone density scan where it is simply tested on the heel of the foot. The first thing the women asked me when she saw the result was - have I been through menopause, as the level was indicating this. I asked my doctor - but she just dismissed it saying that is not a very accurate way of detecting bone density scanning. I am sometimes now feeling hot all over (only for a few seconds) I always remember seeing women having a hot flush waving something in front of their face - and thought it was just their face got hot for some reason . What do you think all - am I experiencing menopause??

I used Implanon for 3 years and have just came off it as I was diagnosed with cancer last year and I feel strongly that the two are connected. I also had extreame head pains and acheing in the arm it was in that stopped as soon as it was removed. Since being on it I have had no period for the full time but nowdays after being off the drug for 9 months I am feeling all the side effects, I do also feel like I may be on my way to early menopause at the age of 28.

The implant doesn’t cause early menopause I asked my doctor about this. Your can though have some hot flashes towards the end of the life of your implant as it’s wearing off.

I have been getting hot flashes and night sweats I don't know why I am on nexplanon and my hot flashes get real bad is this normal