Hi, can I drink alcohol while I am taking Percoset. I believe there are no interactions but still I feel weird when I take it.

Hi, actually you should avoid alcohol while taking Percocet. Alcohol may increase the drowsiness and dizziness, but if you have no such a symptoms. I didn’t have any problems but it is not like that for everyone. Also, acetaminophen can become a toxin for the liver when taken with only one drink of alcohol. try not to take any other medication when you are taking Percoset to avoid interactions. Specially, sleeping pills, tranquilizers, sedatives, and antihistamines are to be taken with caution.

:-( i dont really know what to look for~but the information in the post really wasnt all that helpful~im only 16 but they guy i no who is on percocet is 28~he is in jail right now for his 3rd dui~and i dont want him to start back up once he gets out~as far as i know he only took it once~he told me himself that he got it off the street for 30.00~i had an uncle who was addicted to cocaine~ and i seen what it did to his family~and i dont want that to happen to him or his family~so please if eny one can help me *******~i'd appreaciate it :-D

Hi, I took Percocet last year with alcohol (I am an alcohol abuser) and wound up in the hospital almost dead. They kept me in psychiatric lockup for three days thinking that I had tried to kill myself. Don't mix the two (Percocet and alcohol).

anything in excess is bad for you... so now wonder when an abuser mixes both percet and alcohol in great amounts there will be a reaction. use your head... if you are taking percocet and you drink a few (3 or 4) beers you should be fine! dont over do it!

My aunt is a Perc addict. She snorts them and then drinks about 3/4 of a gallon of wine a day. When she calls my house, she's all doped out and you can barely understand her. She has fallen asleep numerous times in food and just some other crazy stuff that no one wants to hear. Her liver is failing because she is mixing the two together.

Hi, I am a social drinker, but am taking percoset's due to a recent martial arts injury during a competition. I am wondering if I mix say 3-4 beers while under the influence of percoset or have 1-2 mixed drinks or glasses of wine with dinner if that is something that would hurt me? Please let me know. I am not talking about heavy drinking, only light/social.

the poster above was correct. Percoset contains acetaminphen, which should not be taken by anyone who consumes more than 3 drinks a day. 1 drink = 12 oz beer, 5 oz wine, or a shot.

If you must drink on painkillers (why you would want to do this is another question entirely), please make sure that they do not contain acetaminophen. Don't take my word for it, you can look this up almost anywhere and you will see that it is true.

Percocet absolutely has drug interactions. Very few drugs actually are safe to take with alcohol so it is advisable that if you are on any course of treatment that you check with your pharmacist. I know that it might not have a toxic interaction (although I believe Percocet actually does) but even in light of that, alcohol has a depressant effect on the immune system. That means that your recovery takes that much longer! I hope that helps.

Is the alcohol so important to you that you're going to go against the warning label on the medication?

Soo percosets slow down ur nervous system, the drug the percoset controls all the little cells in your brain. Soo the reason why percosets make you feel better when ur in pain is because it blocks the receptors in your brain telling them that u dont have pain, so you dont feel the pain. when you drink alcohol it has the same effect, alcohol control slow down ur receptor interaction therefor in combination with the two you can recieve respiratory failure which would lead to cardiac arrest. because the two medications both interact making the brain process really slow. and in most cases people die from the nervous system breakdown.

personally I think doing percs with beer is ok I mean I personally haven't had bad interactions when doing it in moderation. Its continued prolonged usage of mixinging the two that will kill your liver. I don't recommend taking my word for it jumping the pills and booze bandwagon with me but you want to know what a medical professional told me? They just said don't do it everyday for months at a time. In other words don't get hooked like that person's dying aunt

Not everyone who drinks while on pain killers has substance abuse problems and certain posters should be aware that their judgemental tone could encourage people coming here for help to stop asking important questions.

I am on percocet and morphine for life. My spine was crushed and I had brain surgery, and Johns Hopkins Hospital is not all that it's cracked up to be so they have no problem prescribing me with painkillers for the next 80 years (yes I'm in my 20's).

I drank for about 9 months while on percocet and morphine with no, absolutely ZERO, adverse reactions.

I no longer drink at all (and have not for months), because I figure not all of the posts about ones liver dying can be false, but I think I (and many of the percocet users) would like some evidence of the damage done. Many of the posters here seem to share their opinions... but opinions do us little good.

Does anyone have an official website they can post they details and explains what percocet and drinking do to the liver? Some of us would just like to be able to have a glass of wine with our wives now and then. It help makes you feel like a normal person, while the doctors continue treating you like a lab rat.

I'm so sorry for the person in their 20's who's spine was crushed and had brain surgery - that's awful :( I obviously don't know your whole situation, but I highly recommend trying some holistic therapies (if you haven't already): acupuncture (my dad thought it was c**p until he couldn't stand his shoulder pain anymore, and he finally tried it - he's pain free if he goes on a regular basis), physical therapy (every place is different, look on ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed and check out reviews for a good one), herbs (you would be surprised and shocked at what they can do!). You're so young to be on such strong meds for life, and it will cause other problems in the long run, and surely shorten your life :( I'm really just trying to help, not be judgmental and wish you all the best :) Remember that medical doc's are taught to cut and prescribe medicine, and only have about an hour of education on nutritional training. The greedy drug companies don't make money off prevention and treatment in natural therapies, so why would doc's tell you, because the drug companies rule the doc's!

I was in an accident and every disc in my neck is messed up (except one). I was healing little by little w/therapy, and then (don't know why after 8 months) had a HUGE setback, pretty sure one or more disc's herniated into the cervical spine, and have been in so much pain the last 3 1/2 weeks - almost unbearable (and I have a very high tolerance for pain). My MRI was just done and will find out in a few days what the prob is - most likely will be having neck surgery soon. Anyway, I'm very healthy, eat wholesome organic foods, stay away from pharmaceuticals as much as possible, exercise, etc. Usually 800mg of Ibuprofen and heat then ice will subside the pain, until this set back. Percocet is the only thing that will take it away now. I try and only take it when I can't stand the pain anymore - maybe twice a week for the last 3 1/2 weeks (tried medical pot - helps me not care as much about the pain, and helps subside it a bit, but doesn't take it away), tried red wine (only helps about 40%). Oh, and mixing alcohol with any drug isn't a good idea (for many reasons - good friend of mine died mixing drugs and alcohol, but it was a weekend of coke, X, alcohol, etc. and his heart stoped - 28 yrs old), but one beer and a percocet won't kill you (I had a Corona lite with my dinner).

I kind of can't blame you. I was born very sick and have had pain all my life, which I normally can cope with without medication. Most people don't understand how I do it, but it's what I'm used to so I have developed a really high pain tolerance over the years. More recently, I've had chronic pain for around four months now and no one knows what is causing it yet. I have autoimmune disorders so it could be anything. The strongest med I can get on, when not in the hospital is Percocet. I took them after a surgery and then this happened and I'm stuck on them again. I've been on Percocet so long that they don't help me anymore that an Advil. Even in a wheelchair, I'm still in extreme pain just moving. I cannot get into a pain specialist, as they require a full body CT scan before they will take you so I'm stuck with only the Percocet. I'm only in my early 20's. I have no life from the pain and I'm considering buying alcohol, nothing strong, maybe 5% proof alcohol and drinking one every day at bed time, after I take the Percocet because you can only go on so many weeks sleeping no more than two hours a day due to pain... and two hours is if I'm lucky. So yeah, I understand. I'm not even a pill taker usually but ya get to the point where the pain makes you collapse and it's either die slightly earlier from drinking on pain meds or dying fairly soon from depression that leads to suicide. It's too bad those drug addicts have to ruins it for we people who actually need strong medication.